Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery life is only 1.5-2 weeks. Signal range is at the lowest bar at 50 ft away. Showing offline.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
warlok727
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see people talking that they get anywhere from 3-6 months of battery life. I have an Arlo Pro 2  6 camera system and have had it for 4 months now and even with setting all camera's to battery saver mode and motion sensors to under 10 percent, I get at best 1.5 - 2 weeks from a battery after being fully charged.  I have tried to get hold of support but for some reason the website doesn't let me get in to support. I am  very disappointed with this system as it was said to be the best, signal range to one camera is at the lowest bar and is only 50 ft from base and 2 others are teeter on the 1 to 2 bar signal reception and are less than 50 ft away. and unless you are right in front of camera and less than 20 ft from it then it will not trigger. the Base Station has a yellow light that is on half of the time and when I look at tablet to check camera's they show offline. I see the only way to solve this battery problem would be to run power to each camera and leave them plugged in, but that defeats the purpose of why I bought a wireless camera system, plus the 3 camera's on rear of house I cant get thru attic to run power to.  Can someone from Arlo contact Me to discuss these issue or tell Me how to return system for a refund.  Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

One thing missing from your details is the number of events and recordings that you are triggering and saving. If you get hundreds every day, that eats battery. Likewise long sessions of live streaming.

@warlok727 wrote:

I am  very disappointed with this system as it was said to be the best, signal range to one camera is at the lowest bar and is only 50 ft from base and 2 others are teeter on the 1 to 2 bar signal reception and are less than 50 ft away.

Only 50 feet? That is further than most of mine.

I have always been suspicious of Arlo's range claims. Then again, I have an Ultra camera that is about 50 feet away and I get weeks of battery. But it is not trigger happy.

@warlok727 wrote:

I see people talking that they get anywhere from 3-6 months of battery life.

Can't be many people who claim six months.

@warlok727 wrote:

the Base Station has a yellow light that is on half of the time and when I look at tablet to check camera's they show offline.

That does not look right. Which light is amber? There are three of them, after all. power, Internet, cameras.

@warlok727 wrote: or tell Me how to return system for a refund.

Talk to whoever supplied the thing.

@warlok727 wrote:

I have tried to get hold of support but for some reason the website doesn't let me get in to support.

Well, that gives us not much to go by. How are you trying to contact support band what happens when you try?

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
warlok727
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have a very high rate of incidents and I keep turning down settings from default of 80 to below 20 and it still triggers alot and then i find it has defaulted back to 80. not much I can do about the 50 ft range. even added a wi-fi extender, guess i can live with that. Actually its Arlo that claims up 6 months of battery life. I have the newest style of base station which is smaller and only has 1 light on front that shows blue when working properly and flashes amber when there is an issue.Got it from Best Buy and you only have 90 days to return it. You go to support on their website and it just goes to FAQ.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@warlok727 wrote:

even added a wi-fi extender,

I can't see where that fits into the picture. The Arlo hub has to be on a LAN link into the router.

You can plug the hub into a wifi extender. But wifi to wifi doesn't work.

A common strategy for extending an Arlo network to "remote" cameras is to have a second hub at a distance from the main hub, and nearer to the cameras.

The second hub can be plugged into to a wifi extender, straight back to the main router or, as in my case, plugged into Powerline Ethernet.

@warlok727 wrote:

Actually its Arlo that claims up 6 months of battery life.

That's marketing for you. You might get six months if your camera sits next to the hub and rarely leaps into action. The real world is something else. A couple of months is what I get. But I also have cameras on adapters that provide permanent power.

@warlok727 wrote:

I have the newest style of base station which is smaller and only has 1 light on front that shows blue when working properly and flashes amber when there is an issue.

That is a pity. Nothing wrong with the hub, but the alarm is pathetically quiet. That has caused a lot of com,paints because the marketing for that is even less accurate. The original Pro 2 hub is deafening. The new one wouldn't scare anything.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

How can I extend my Arlo camera's battery life?

Note that that applies to early generation cameras and not newer ones with more battery hungry features.

How can I extend the range of my Arlo system?

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation