Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery dropping 40% in one day. Getting many notifications. Any way to preserve battery life?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Meagan_Tompkins
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having a lot of issues with my Pro2 going off every two seconds. I recently installed the Pro2 outdoor cameras and the one on my porch is detecting SOOOO much motion and recordings that the battery I just changed yesterday dropped 40% in one day!!! I’ve purchased the ArloSmart Subscription and have it set to only notify me for “People”, yet I am still getting so many notifications for “motion, vehicle, etc.”. Yes I am aware that I will still have things logged in my library, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to preserve battery life without stripping my porch of my flag, tree limbs, hanging plants, etc???

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ here on best camera positioning. A big issue with many new installs is how the camera is aimed and/or positioned. Rather than trying to see everything, go for just the area of interest - the front door, for instance. Also, read the FAQ here on changing motion sensitivity in your modes and rules. The default setting of 80 may be too high for your situation.

Post a screenshot of the camera view for suggestions.

Meagan_Tompkins
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your suggestions! I’ll look into it for sure!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation