Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery dies after 2 days

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bobbykenpo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Purchased set of 4 arlo pro wireless cameras just a few months ago for my business..... from the research I had done online I was expecting the batteries to last weeks before needed to be recharged. Not even close! These things are brand new and I have to recharge them every few days. The ones in more high traffic areas I have to charge evey day or ever other day. Not what I was expecting.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Spec battery life is stated as <5 minutes total recording and/or live viewing per day. High traffic is beyond normal expectations. Use of AC power would be needed to eliminate the problem.

Bobbykenpo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for fast response..... I am trying to figure out how to plug the high traffic area cameras into a power source. The reason I purchased the very expensive battery powered cameras was because there is no power source where I need them . Can you possibly give me some tips on how to set them up so the battery will last longer?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only things to do are to eliminate any false triggers (you'd likely need to change the motion sensitivity and/or camera positioning to do this), reduce the resolution (Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings) and reduce the recording time (10 seconds minimum). ANd no live viewing.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation