Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Drain On Pro 2 Is Draining Fast

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Paulo88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey All, I seem to be running into an issue with one of my camera's. I recently charged both cameras at the same time however the camera that is at the rear of my house is already down to 10% charge whilst the one at the front which is activated more is currently at 60%. Is there any reasons that one camera would loose its charge so quickly over another one ? -Paul

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be a display issue. Try rebooting the base. Also, reinsert the batteries to reset the cameras.

jkp1201
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you reset the base.  I am having the same sort of thing with one of my Arlo cameras as well.  Is it just tyrning off the base and back on.  That is an easy task.  Just cerious .

Thanks 

Paulo88
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat I tried resetting the base and removing the battery from the camera.  I also disconnected the camera from my setup and re-synced it.  However the issue remains and the camera will only stay charged for about a week before it tells me that the camera is tired.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reset is NOT rebooting the base or turning the power off and back on. A reset is done by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and maybe holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.

loulou3019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates? I am experiencing the same issue

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @loulou3019

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

loulou3019
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have done all of the possible resetting options, as well as, removing the devices from the station & re-syncing them. my only option is to maybe take them back, i don’t want to but ive ran out of options
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you taken a camera closer to the base to see if the issue improves? That would help prove whether distance, blockage or interference is the issue.

Paulo88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine was currently dead due to battery drain.

I'm currently re-charging it now and I will keep you updated as to how long it lasts.

Things I've tried so far...

* Removed battery 

* Charged battery

* Deleted camera from my set-up and then re-synced it.

I can't move the camera any closer to the base as both are in places where they need / have to be.

Paulo88
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK something is certainly wrong with either this camera or the battery !

* I charged the unit overnight to ensure it was at 100%

* I then used "Remove Device" to remove the camera from my setup.

* I then re-synced the camera and placed it back outside.

* After the 1st night it lost just over 10% of charge.

The unit has not lasted a full week and its already showing as "needs charging".

How do I return this ?  Its far too late for me to return to Amazon, but its still less than a year old.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Paulo88

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

loulou3019
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve done every basic troubleshooting step there is which the cameras are brand new, I shouldn’t have to do anything other than set them up.

I’ve contacted tech support & now they’re basically saying I need to upgrade to a router with channels & that this will prevent the batteries from draining...which sounds crazy. So i have to spend more money in order for a $600+ system that guarantees 6month battery life to work properly?? Also, not to mention, this router channel thing isn’t mentioned in the setup or book. This doesn’t make sense, I think the issue lies in Arlo’s firmware smh
loulou3019
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve done every basic troubleshooting step there is which the cameras are brand new, I shouldn’t have to do anything other than set them up.

I’ve contacted tech support & now they’re basically saying I need to upgrade to a router with channels & that this will prevent the batteries from draining...which sounds crazy. So i have to spend more money in order for a $600+ system that guarantees 6month battery life to work properly?? Also, not to mention, this router channel thing isn’t mentioned in the setup or book. This doesn’t make sense, I think the issue lies in Arlo’s firmware smh
Paulo88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Changing the channels of your router will make no difference either.  Its the usual.. lets blame another device before we blame our own.

I also got told that it was a router issue and I should try to move my router closer to the camera which is also a load of rubbish. 

loulou3019
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everyone seems to be having this issue, i personally believe it’s the firmware update on Arlo’s behalf & they’re not doing a thing about it smh
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @loulou3019

Have you tried to remove the camera from settings > my devices > re-add and test again?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@loulou3019 wrote:
Everyone seems to be having this issue....

Not here.

I have noticed no change since the latest round up updates.

The only camera that seems to drain more quickly than I'd expect is one of my Ultras.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation