Batteries not charging VMC4030P

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RissBurns84
Initiate
Initiate

I have 4 of these wireless VMC3049P cameras and NONE of them are charging, I have tried everything from previous post dicsussions. It is doing my head in and giving me anxiety because I need them in case my neightbors bait my dogs. 

Why won't any of the cameras charge?! Yes, I am using the cable only that has come in the package. This is doing my head in!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that the charger says Netgear and supports both 5v and 9v outputs.

RissBurns84
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, the Netgear charger comes with both 5V and 9V output...... 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Do you have one charger or more than one charger?  If only one and you have tried it in multiple outlets around your house and you know the cord is plugged in properly at both ends, it would seem that the charger may be a problem.  Have you double checked the battery placement in the cameras to make sure they are seated properly before the back door is closed?  I know this is all trivial, but I go through this routine myself whenever I have a problem.  Start with the obvious and proceed from there.

I purchased one of the dual battery chargers and extra batteries so I can just swap them in the cameras and keep the cameras mounted.  One trip up the ladder for any high cameras.  I actually have a small box full of the chargers because Arlo seems to ship one with every system, every add-on camera, every battery and every dual charger they sell...or at least they did when I last purchased system components.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation