Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Shaz82
Tutor
Tutor
I have 4 wireless Arlo Pro 2 cameras. They haven't needed to be charged in the 4 months since I purchased them. The have a usb charging cable.

I charged them all last weekend and now they are going flat after 2 or 3 days.

I was home over the weekend so I turned to all off (deactivated them) and still they are going flat! I've had them on a endless cycle of charging them on my kitchen bench for the last week. None are active and batteries are still draining.

What the H E L L is going on?

It's a right pain in the butt to get ladders out of the shed every 2nd day to charge cameras that aren't even turned on and lasted for 4 months when first purchased.

Base station Firmware says 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a with "no updates available"

Camera firmware is 1.125.13.0_31717 and "no updates available"
23 REPLIES 23
Andrist1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with only one of my five cameras but lucky for me it's the one closest to the ground and doesn't require that I use a ladder but it's a real PITA.  I've tried everything, swapping batteries, taking the camera offline, uninstalling the camera, reinstalling it, and nothing.  I've moved the camera to a different location and no matter where it is, 2-3 days the battery is dead.  There has to be something wrong with the camera itself in my opinion. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shaz82 @Andrist1 How many recordings are the cameras picking up per day? 

@Shaz82 - What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Shaz82
Tutor
Tutor

Hello. They are not recording anything. I have "deactivated" them in device settings.
So now they are sitting on kitchen bench and today I got an email alert saying Cam2 and Cam4 are low battery, 15%.
I charged them both 2 days ago.

This is a joke. I think I'll contact Arlo and return their  products and get my $1300 back.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

You can reboot them or remove the cameras from Settings > My devices > Re-addd them.

Shaz82
Tutor
Tutor

Why should I have to do that????

They were fine for 4 MONTHS............ Why now all of a sudden do my 4 CAMERAS not last 2 days, even when switched off?????

Can you just give me instruction on how to return this faulty product for a full refund.

I'm not frigging around every 2 days with ladders to charge my cameras.

I'm not adding and re-adding them. Why do I have to do this?  

How about someone from Arlo comes around to all our houses fixing our problems for us??? That sounds like a better idea. I can't even call Customer Support because my "3 month honeymoon period" is up (how convenient).

I'm sure they have a warranty and these are clearly faulty.

Or is there a public post somewhere with instruction for what to do when your cameras inexplicably Sh!t themselves? Because I will most certainly be posting a public review on how crap these cameras are.

But if you'd like to organise someone to come fix them for me, be my guest. I'll get the ladder out.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Shaz82
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I did. I tried to enter all my details and got an error message saying my "request could not be processed" ... so seems like nothing works at Arlo

Andrist1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Picking up 3-5 events a day so not much traffic.

My most active camera gets 20+ a day and that camera battery lasts 3ish weeks.

My other cameras have 3ish month life spans.

I've swapped in different batteries, same results.

I've removed the camera from the base station and re-sync'd it, same result.

This is the only camera that takes itself offline too.

The only thing I haven't tried is swapping locations with another camera to see if it drains within 2-3 days. Then I'd know if it's the camera.

I'm open for any suggestions.

Andrist1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've contacted customer support.  I have a case number, but they haven't offered anything I haven't already tried.

Andrist1
Aspirant
Aspirant

*UPDATE

Arlo customer support finally got back to me just to inform me that my camera was 32 days out of warranty... Thanks!  Thanks for nothing. They sent me a link to the Netgear website to purchase a new one for a crazy price!  I ended up just tossing the camera and bought a new one off Ebay and everything is back to normal and working like it should.

62Hemi
Star
Star

My Arlo pro camera battery is going flat. Within 3-4 day’s? I have tried reinstalling it, battery lasted 1 day before starting to drain quickly. Is this a software issue, the camera only had 4 videos recorded so it didn’t have too many recorded files?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@62Hemi

What is the signal strength displaying within the app for that camera?

62Hemi
Star
Star
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@62Hemi

Have you tried to swap batteries with another camera to see if the issue follows?

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I had the same problem with one of my cameras when I had the Arlo pro only to find that water got into the camera and did the same thing yours did with the battery even letting it dry out for about 2 weeks camera still pulled the battery down in 2 days, camera went in the trash. 

62Hemi
Star
Star

no, this was added to my Arlo H6 cameras which have different batteries

62Hemi
Star
Star

Tried to swap batteries and fault followed the camera, so it’s the camera which is draining the battery. What do I do now the camera works fine except for battery draining? Replace it? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@62Hemi

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

62Hemi
Star
Star

Will tech support replace the camera? Or can it be reset?

62Hemi
Star
Star

A140C0CB-A393-4140-B9A9-9CA0A560C717.jpegthis is my firmware, it’s not the same as my other cameras? No update available 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@62Hemi wrote:

Will tech support replace the camera? Or can it be reset?

That depends on their troubleshooting, but based on your symptoms I think they likely will replace it.

kaydeeloo
Aspirant
Aspirant

This issue just started this week for me. I charged them all on Monday of this week (12/23), and we went out of town. On Thursday morning (12/26), I realized that I had not been getting notifications. I checked the cameras, and they were all dead. No videos had recorded since we left on Monday. I charged one camera last night when we got back home. It was at 100% when I re-hung the camera last night. This morning, it is at 87% with only 3 videos over night. I'm wondering if this is attributed to the 12/21 firmware update.

Rrserver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happened to me.  5 cameras all drained within a week.  Not home right now, so can’t test.  Just trying to figure out why.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation