Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Shuo
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all the arlo calling service system is the worst system I have ever used in my life so far. Please spend more money on a better call back system. 

Second, I have three arlo pro 2 devices, and all of them have troubles on recharging through the recharging cable. When my battery reached 23%, it automaticly turned off and disconnected from the base. So I simplely pluged in the cable, and then blue light flashed few times. Then I open my app, the camera connected automaticly, eveything was in the right position, and the app also shows the battery is charging. So I turned it off and wait. One day later, the battery was still 23%, after I unpluged the cable, the camera disconnected from app immidiately. So I switched to a different power source and re-pluged the cable and wait another day. One day later, it was still 23%. So I moved the location a little bit and unpluged the cable, open the battery case, pluged it back in many times and finally it worked. But after I recharge the first one, same thing happen to my second one, I think the cable or maybe the batteries were broken, I only recharged my camera 2-3 times, and every single time, I have to spend almost one week to make sure all my cameras were fully charged. 

I called the support team, but the call back system was a garbage, it either took my number un-correctly or just repeat my number again and again without stop. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you are using the supplied ac adapter and cable.

If trouble continues, contact Arlo support

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Shuo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The supplied ac adapter and cable are the only ones I have and use. and also I called the support team, but the call back system is useless. I have waited in line for almost half day yesterday. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try a charger that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge capability (like recent Samsung phones, and has both 5v and 9v outputs) to see if it's the charger. Dead batteries may nned a kick in the arse to get going - check the FAQs here for how to do that.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation