Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Base station fails to connect to Internet. Only Power LED is solid amber.

Hi ARLO Community,

My base station is the one with 3 led's power,internet and camera - VMB4000. Only the power led is solid amber the other ones do not have any lights.

If I check my router I can for short periods see that it connects and gets an ip address but notice the MAC address as 00:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF and this does not look right to me.

For short periods every now and then the led's go all green on Power,Internet and Camera but only stay on for a second or two then back to only power solid amber. This sequence cycles approx.every 90 to 100 seconds. I have tried everything in the support pages and the community help to no avail. :-( Any ideas Folks ? for help/point me the right direction please...

Warranty ended MAY 2019...

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 1 of 3
Guru

Re: Base station fails to connect to Internet. Only Power LED is solid amber.

The only thing to try is a full reset of the base ( you mentioned you tried all but no other info ).

remove all devices cameras first and then base... hold in the reset for 10 sec till all the leds flash amber.

let it reboot then reclaim base as if a new setup, add cameras.

If the full reboot is NG, it may just be a defective base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3
Aspirant

Re: Base station fails to connect to Internet. Only Power LED is solid amber.

Thanks TomMac for your info...  I have tried all suggestions found on here as well as your help and already feared the "Base Station" likely to be Brown Bread. I will add my thoughts after I replace and get all back up and looking good.

Thanks again ... :-)

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 3 of 3