Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
xuville
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's always offline when I open the app. Keep the app open for a couple of minutes, it will reconnect. Then the connection stays on for some time before it disconnects again. The middle LED is amber so it's connected to the router. All other devices on the network has no internet issues.

Based on the timing when it started for me in late March, I think it's related to the latest firmware VMB3500 - 1.12.2.7_7_dd3c705 released on March 19 2020. My guess is that maybe it's some feature Arlo put out to conserve bandwidth when the base station knows that there's no app connected to it therefore it shuts the server connection. Then when the app connects to it, it's not fast enough to resume connection to the server. In any case, this has been frustrating.

Arlo please fix this and release a new firmware soon!

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the middle led is amber, the base is NOT connected to the router/internet. It needs to be green.

So for some reason the internet connection is dropping.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
xuville
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac, unless the documentation is wrong, it clearly says:

Amber. The base station is connecting to the router but does not have an Internet connection.

A LAN connection does not imply an Internet connection.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Does your router have any logging feature that will allow you to check that it isn't the router that is chucking the hub off the Internet?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the middle led is amber, the base is NOT connected to the router/internet. It needs to be green.

@TomMac, unless the documentation is wrong, it clearly says:

Amber. The base station is connecting to the router but does not have an Internet connection.

A LAN connection does not imply an Internet connection.

Yes... was inferring it sounds more like the router/internet over the base as the issue

Morse is faster than texting!
xuville
Aspirant
Aspirant

@michaelkenward it's behind my own NAT firewall (iptables on a raspberry pi that I hand configured) and there's nothing blocking it, although I have not got the time to run WireShark to confirm it yet. All other devices on the same network had no issues.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation