Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

Just wanted to make this post to see if other users are experiencing the same problem.

Today I removed the USB flash drive from the back of my Base Station to look at some recorded videos, but I have discovered that the last video recorded was dated 15th May 2020, nothing has been recorded during the past week.

I then put the USB flash drive back into the Base Station, opened the Android Arlo App, and checked the Local Storage settings.  It is showing a message saying there is no USB device connected.  I then removed the USB flash drive, used compressed air to clean out any dust, put the USB flash drive back into the USB port, checked the Android Arlo App, still showing no USB device connected.  Tried second USB port at back of Base Station, but Android Arlo App still showing no USB device connected.

I then logged into the my.arlo.com website, checked the Local Storage settings, and it is showing the USB flash drive connected, along with the correct size and is reported as "Ready".  Then went outside to activate motion sensor in camera to record some video.  Then selected "Safely Eject USB Device" and removed USB flash drive and put it in my laptop to view the video, there is still no recording since 15th May 2020.

What I find interesting is the Android Arlo App was last updated 15th May 2020, the same day the recording to my USB flash drive stopped working.

Arlo Android App - 2.16.2 - 15th May 2020 

There is nothing wrong the USB flash drive, it works perfectly fine in my laptop, I can view recordings going back to October last year, and it is a 16GB Sandisk Ultra Fit 3.1 USB flash drive which I have used for over a year and is a well known brand.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem?  Is there someone from Arlo Technical Support that can confirm this is a known problem that is being looked into?

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Others have mentioned possible issues.... believe it is being looked into.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Highlighted
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Indeed. I have had hell's own issues with local storage in recent weeks.

One hub happily accepts 64Gb and 128 Gb chips, another barfs on 128 Gb.

From time to time the hub denies the existence of a chip and demands that I format it. Say yes, and nothing happens.

It seems to date back to a firmware update that increased the minimum memory size from 8 to 16 Gb. People with much bigger chips have been warned that they must have something >16 Gb.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation