Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station keeps going offline

ehouse11
Tutor
Tutor

Just recently, within the last 2 weeks the base unit (in 2 separate locations) keeps going offline. Is there a system issue that is not being addressed??? This is really frustrating.

199 REPLIES 199
Gonefishin1
Star
Star

Arlo device appears to be offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the internet. Blah blah blah. Get this  fixed Arlo. We're not idiots.

Gonefishin1
Star
Star

Damn Arlo. You are starting to sound just like AT&T. Try doing this and that when you know you are entirely responsible. for the problem. GET IT FIXED

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Gonefishin1  You posted in two different topics with different problems. Which one do you have the problem with. 

Gonefishin1
Star
Star

Both. Internet and app. Don't ask if I have the latest version.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Gonefishin1 wrote:

Both. Internet and app. Don't ask if I have the latest version.

I wasn't going to. 

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I'm having the same problem the app tells me that my cameras are not connected and yet everything is connected it's a random problem sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I have tried rebooting the phone the base station reinstalling the app. I don't see why I have to reinstall everything and start from scratch what did the people at arlo do to mess things up again
WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ever since the 2FA was made optional on 4/23/21, I've had problems with my Arlo Pro 2 system.

When I check alerts I get a message that the system is offline, or after I log in I get the death spin for 60 seconds then the offline message. About the 4th try it connects, but just for about 3-5 minutes then offline again.

The system is apparently online because I'm getting notification alerts and see video counters change but the cameras do not connect.

This is a consistent problem with all devices - android phone, iPad, and computer.

I've rebooted the base, reinstalled batteries, removed devices and added again. Problem persists.

Had this system 3.5 years and no problems. Have seen many posts recently about this so I know its not just my system.

So what's up Arlo?
catlady5882
Star
Star

4 weeks & my arlo wireless does not stay connected. I even had my internet service come 2x's & change my modume but they are charging me a fee saying it is not their issue. Arlo has been going off-line multiple times a day & I can't get it back on-line for hrs. Not my interenet service. But arlo also says they will not provide customer service anymore. I will be contacking an attorney about this issue. I an disabled, live alone in a high crime area. Hope i survive.

Nichols55
Star
Star

Agreed.  "Your Arlo device appears offline" is bogus.  Nothing is offline at any of our homes.  You cannot possibly believe you have a security system of value to your customers when we cannot see our cameras.  The cameras are recording because you can go to the library and see current recordings.  BUT WE CAN'T OPEN ANY DEVICES.  If the Arlo device was offline it wouldn't be recording.  Arlo you can do better.  Right now your system is failing.  Don't spend time on two-factor settings (most of us don't want anyway) get your experts to fix this Arlo offline garbage.  

cash7c3
Tutor
Tutor

Same for me for a couple weeks.  Most of the time when I log into the Arlo app or the web browser interface I am greeted with "Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the Internet."

Often even though it says the camera's are offline I still receive alerts and often it records video to my library.  Restarting the base station manually will usually fix it for a bit.

This isn't an issue with my network or isp.  This is an Arlo issue.  Perhaps users should start a class-action.

Rosswright
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo Pro2 Base station is now showing “Your Base Station is offline”.
This follows a day where the base station was not connecting to cameras; and receiving a ‘charging error - incompatible charger message (even though I had successfully used the same charger previously and earlier on the same day).
I tried to set up from scratch and despite getting green LEDS displaying was firstly unable to add cameras and then after a reset cannot access the base station even though LEDs displaying normally. I have checked ports 80 & 443 are open. I can access internet via other equipment from modem/router. I have powered up/down, performed factory reset and still get the base station offline message.
Any suggestions?
Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now I've got 3 cameras showing the red banner  ("You are not connected to the internet") & one camera that is actually working. 

I'd upload a picture but this forum doesn't support BMP and even a simple picture taken from my Mobile of the computer desktop is too big toupload.

ndt98
Guide
Guide
It seems that Arlo is pushing to renew the materials, and i am an old customer with my 3 Arlo Pro and pro 2 cameras and a Vmb4000 base station. So instead of going to the next base station (100 bucks) , i prefer to put 200€ to buy the EufyCam system. I have 2 wired Eufy cam, and i am very satisfied (24/24 recording on a local ssd no cloud ! )
Meekx
Tutor
Tutor

I have been broken since January they are not going to fix this IMHO.

Arlo21231
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Just recently my hub has been constantly going offline and I have been having the double notification issue!? What gives???
zippyzee
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station LED's are solid green. Camera is synced to base. My Arlo app and desktop portal show both off-line. Re-booted and factory re-set several times.  On-line chat no help. Deleted all devices and re-installed, still off-line. Odd that the camera detects motion and records to the library but no live connection  because camera is off-line.  Chat says that they are working on the problem. Note that this same problem has existed since back in 2019. Very disappointed in Arlo !!

Golem888
Tutor
Tutor

Longtime Arlo Pro2 user with a VMB4000 Base Station having the same problem.  All three status lights on the Base Station are green and I can verify the Base Station is connected via my Orbi app.  When I go into Mode on the Arlo android app it shows basestation and cameras intermittently Offline.  I still get notifications, but in the Devices tab, the cameras are intermittently showing the error message "Your Arlo device appears to offline."  I've tried the recommended troubleshooting steps to no avail.  Up until 4/30/2021 the system has pretty much worked flawlessly.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Fedupwarlo2020
Star
Star
I have uninstalled the app so many times, clear my cache on the app several times a day, restart my phone and nothing helps. I even took down all my cameras, removed them from the base and restarted to no avail. I finally went to the play store and reached out to Arlo support and finally a ticket was created. Let's see because if they don't fix it I am filing a complaint with FCC, the FTC & the BBB. This is absurd and a waste of my time on over $800 cameras.
Fedupwarlo2020
Star
Star
Right? I am beyond frustration with these damn cameras. $800 was not worth the money. I will never recommend them to anyone.
slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Now the systems has starting showing offline in the mobile app as well as desktop browsers. I have reset the system but that did not resolve anything. The system is still making recordings from all cameras which are appearing in the cloud, so the base station and cameras are all clearly certainly working and able to send out. Live view is basically non-existent at this point making the systems somewhat useless.

Golem888
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shane,

Any updates?  Before finding this thread I wasted many hours trying all the standard fixes.  Here are the issues.

• Base Station (VMB4000) has three solid green lights
  • Using Arlo Android App 3.2_28350 BS and Cameras 3x H11 and 2x Arlo Q VMC3040r6
  • Apple App 3.2 (latest version)
  • intermittently show up as offline.
  • Under Mode cameras and Base intermittently show Offline.
  • When they've been previously armed and go to Offline, notifications are still received (so it's not offline)
  • Under devices, cameras intermittently show offline. 
  • The Qs seem to be less affected, but do go on and Offline.

Thank you for helping to solve this problem.

unclev
Star
Star
Arlo is a joke. Last time it took months to fix the app. They have no clue. I use Nest as well. They never have ANY issues. Just wait for the new Nest cams.
Poff5039
Initiate
Initiate
I am just glad I found this issue before committing too much money on a system...I ordered and setup the new reolink PTZ, having good luck so far...I think arlo's issue is app specific. I has my system and my parents system on the same app which is the common denominator. Our routers, phones , internet service and arlo hub are different.
Sparky4460
Star
Star

Recently (last two days) my Arlo Pro base station keeps going offline according to my Android Galaxy S10 phone.  All lights are green on the base station and I have rebooted several times.  I have been using this system for years and this problem just shows up.  It is actually still recording video, the phone app just shows everything offline.  The app seems to be working with an iPhone and the Windows 10 app.  Just the Android is affected.  All software is up to date.  I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and it is still happening.   If I exit the app and come back in it may start working again.  It seems to be intermittent. I need to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Screenshot_20210502-140214_Arlo.jpg