Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Is frequently Losing Connection To All Arlo Pro 2 Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nickr02
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro Base frequently losing connection to all Arlo Pro 2 cameras in a new system

New system. Several times a day the camera connection light on the base goes out, all cameras go offline, and stay offline sometimes recovering in half an hour, and sometimes never recover.

Can always recover by reseting the base. Outages more frequent at night - use of infra-red? time zone (GMT+10)?

The base always comes back up to the same WiFi channel (centre 3) which is clear of signal. No nearby 2.4GHz Wifi on sniffer.

Only nearby wireless systems are 5GHz Wifi, and a Uniden XDECT phone base on 1.8GHz (I think) about 2 meters away.

New base station and multi-camera setup. Fully charged batteries. Good signal from all cameras. No known internet outages, or recent Arlo outages reported.

This seems to be a frequent question over the years with no clear solution except maybe firmware or base exchange. 

The system cannot be relied on to run unsupervised. Any solution I'm missing? I'll log a trouble ticket too if can work out how.

Base:

HW VersionVMB4000r3
Firmware 1.10.0.8_22190

Cameras:
HW Version H3
Firmware 1.125.11.0_21156

Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nickr02
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat,

Tried everything suggested - still no good.

Swapped at store and all is now good - so was faulty base.

Many thanks - I'll go buy more cams.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would suspect a faulty base. However, start be making sure there's no other 2.4GHz device near the base which could be causing the issue. Doesn't have to be WiFi since cordless phones, etc. can use that frequency. Interference could be a suspect. Some folks have found that moving the base away from the router has helped.

You could try a factory reset by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices. For good measure, press the reset button on the base, too, until the LEDs flash amber. STart fresh, updating firmware at each step if prompted.

If still no good, swap at the store or open a case here by using the Contact Support button at the bottom here and again on the new page.

nickr02
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat,

Tried everything suggested - still no good.

Swapped at store and all is now good - so was faulty base.

Many thanks - I'll go buy more cams.

Best Regards.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation