Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Cannot be Discoverd

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jackiewags
Follower
Follower

We installed a new mesh wifi last night.  After installation, the base and all cameras showed offline.  I could not get the base to connect so we removed the base with the intention of reinstalling it.

Attempting to connect the base to the original router - not the new mesh wifi.

I've tried using both the app and the computer to connect the base.  The phone with the app is also connected to the original router.

We have reset the base (multiple times now)

We have followed the directions step by step (connect ethernet, connect power, click on install)

The base itself is showing a solid blue light at the end of the attempted connection.

After searching, we get the message that the base station could not be discovered.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume that you don't see the base in Settings, My Devices after logging out and back in. Sometimes it's connected but doesn't display right away without doing this.

If this isn't the case, some folks having mesh networks have had issues. WHat happens if you plug the base into the main router vs. a satellite? If that helps find the base, you should be able to move it back to the desired location with no further issues. Check the router for connections and verify that its supplying an IP address to the base.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation