Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 58 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

As was the case months ago, described in this thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-app-iOS-badge-notification-shows-incorrect/m-p/1697551

... the badge notifications on my iPhone are not resetting again.  Every time I clear them, a new notification sets the counter to a few hundred.  Last time, a cloud fix was needed to address this.  Hopefully Arlo will do the same again.

58 REPLIES 58
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which Model Phone/Device are you using along with iOS version? I am not able to replicate the badge counter issue with an iphone 11 Pro Max - iOS 13.5.1 & Arlo app 2.18.

ragefuljoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone 11, iOS 13.5.1, Arlo app 2.18

I'm also currently not subscribed to Arlo cloud. I just noticed I didn't reply in right model thread, I'm on pro 3, however the issue seems to be the same.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I'm on an iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 13.5.1 and Arlo app 2.18 as well.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I just reset the counter by viewing the clips.  A moment later, I had a single motion alert and the counter jumped to thirteen.

Nope, this is definitely not fixed!

ragefuljoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exact same, except mine's at like 257 or so. lol

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, if I don't visit the app after a few hours, the number is in the  hundreds too (when it should be about 20).

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Two recordings today badge says 24. They keep telling us it’s fixed and we keep telling them It is NOT. Part of the issue is if you have multiple accounts and are sharing between them the numbers seem to multiply. But I don’t think it’s all that.

So tired of this and so many other issues. Wyze is coming out with wire free in August for $49. Already have a couple of their other cams and like what I see. If there is a problem which is rare they get all over it to fix it. Arlo doesn’t seem to care.
azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Today one new motion detected and the badge says 369. Sure, it’s fixed keep saying that maybe eventually we’ll believe it.
rjmcinnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, a very annoying issue.

Currently running at 738 badge count, reported by camera also, now standing at 300, 338, and 100 on each of my cameras.

The count is way over the top, and I can find no way to reset it.

(I can turn Badges Off in the iOS Arlo App Notifications)...

It is now three months since Arlo development committed to sort this out, what progress has been made?

Please...

System installation:
Arlo Smart Hub: Hardware, VMB5000r4, SD Card 32GB, Firmware, 1.16.2.5_633_62dfaa0

Arlo Ultra Cameras (3): Hardware H6, Firmware, 1.070.50.4_223_df6cd69

No Smart Plan: expired in June 2020, not planning to renew.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73)

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13.6 (17G68)

rjmcinnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

31 July 2020, 14:19

OK, I have found a simple work around...

(This is not a fix, that will need to come from the Arlo Development team)

The issue, from my perspective, is that without a Smart Plan Subscription, the iOS app and My Arlo macOS app are not syncing properly

Here is what I did to reset the Badge count, and the individual Camera event counts.

1. Open the My Arlo macOS app, log in, select Devices, and on each camera, tap on the Events count Icon in the top bar of each camera.
  2. Without the Smart Plan, Arlo Development have not yet completed coding for the macOS app to enable the Library to recall recordings directly from the SD Card, so “No recordings” are found!
  3. Select Devices, and repeat for each camera.
  4. The Event count will be reset to zero for each camera.

Logout of the My Arlo macOS app, then…

When next you open the Arlo app in your iOS app, the Badge and Camera Event counters will have been reset to zero.  They will now increment for each new event.

System installation:

Arlo Smart Hub: Hardware, VMB5000r4, SD Card 32GB, Firmware, 1.16.2.5_633_62dfaa0

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 14.31.17.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-31 at 14.36.11.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-31 at 14.55.43.png

rjmcinnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shayne,

My work around (outlined in my previous post) did clear the iOS badge count, but the erroneous count returned, and the number gradually building up over time.

a) I had to revisit my work around (visit the macOS App, and clear the Event Count for each Camera)

b) Once done, open the iOS app, and immediately select Library...

That will clear the Badge Count.

Note that the Event Count displayed for each camera on the iOS app was already properly cleared (as a result of  step a) above).

So until development get this sync issue (iOS and macOS app) sorted, we will have periodically work our way thru this two step process, to clear the erroneous badge count.

Please, Development Team,  a quick fix would be very much appreciated...

1) erroneous Badge Count in iOS app.

IMG_4446a.png

2) Same (probably correct) Event count in macOS app

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 14.22.28a.png

3) macOS Event Count cleared fr each Camera (tap on the Event Count in the top bar of each Camera)

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 14.48.01a.png

4) Cleared Badge Count is now reflected in iOS app

IMG_4448a.png

System installation:

rjmcinnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shayne,

Here are the four screen captures...

IMG_4446a.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 14.22.28a.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 14.48.01a.pngIMG_4448a.png

I do not understand why they did not imbed in the original post, all I see is this symbol.

IMG_4446b.jpg

rjmcinnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

I give up...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Please update to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v2.19 & test the badge counter again.

ragefuljoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
It did not help and introduced new errors that make my cameras unusable. Since the update my camera motion sensitivity keeps resetting itself to 0 even after I fix it. This is horrible! Arlo this is completely unacceptable.
azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've said this before, I think part of the problem is if you have multiple base stations and share amongst them the notifications get counted multiple times, but that's only part of it, there is something else going on.  If it took me 2 years to fix a problem with my software (I'm a developer) my clients would have fired me long ago.  Wake up Arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which Device/Model OS version are you using?

ragefuljoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using iphone 11, 13.6. I'm noticing not only is sensitivity keep resetting to 0, I also lose access to local storage. This update has been a HUGE step back, a hotfix is needed ASAP. My cameras are no longer triggering, rendering them useless.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ragefuljoe wrote:

I'm using iphone 11, 13.6. I'm noticing not only is sensitivity keep resetting to 0, I also lose access to local storage. This update has been a HUGE step back, a hotfix is needed ASAP. My cameras are no longer triggering, rendering them useless.

@ragefuljoe I do not have the sensitivity  problem but I did notice for the option to select cloud or local takes longer then normal to show up but it does after 10-20 seconds which was not a problem before. 

rjmcinnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

dcfox, 

I see this also, originally I thought it was just a frozen (unresponsive screen) Library, and reported it as such.

But I now see that if I wait a minute, the choice of Arlo SmartHub library does eventually appear (since have opted out of Cloud Storage).

But the Badge is properly clearing now, which is great.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

This issue with the badge counter not resetting should now be resolved. Please download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v2.19.2

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

I wanted to check up to see if you are still experiencing the issue with badge counter not resetting with the latest iOS Arlo app v2.19.2?

ragefuljoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

The badge seems to work now if I go to cloud (even though I don't have cloud storage) then back. However this new version has bug where my motion sensitivity gets set to 0 randomly.

rjmcinnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shayne,

There would appear to be several interrelated issues, some seemed to have been "created" during the "fix" for the Badge Notification count bug.

I wrote privately to JamesC  yesterday; in a nutshell, these are the issues that concern me most...

a) Library View:

Occasionally the Library display with populate with images immediately,

(Refer IMG_4513). This is really how it should be...

But most often, there is an absolutely awful delay, like 20-30 seconds, before the Library is populated.

And when it is, the images are grey [blank], and must be selected one at a time to display an image.

(Refer IMG_4514).

b) Nuisance reminders:

During the awful 20-30 second delay, all operation of the iPhone App seems to be blocked by a reminder,

every single time I open the Arlo app, to "Activate a Arlo Smart Subscription..."

I have opted for local storage of recordings, and if you fix a), performance will be excellent.

It is almost as it this notification is blocking proper operation of the Arlo App, for that 20-30 seconds.

You really do need to fix this nasty bug.

c) Other nuisance reminders:

There are two other very annoying notifications that are for ever popping up.

You need to find a way to allow a user to acknowledge these notifications, and once done, they should never be seen again.

They are the "With Arlo Smart you get quicker access..."

And the "Download speeds will vary ..."

I have screen captures of each, if you need a copy.

Robert.

Slschade
Aspirant
Aspirant

This counter is not yet resetting

It looks like this issue have been requested for several years and there is still not a solution.  In fact, one of the boards says it was resolved and closed.  This issue is not resolved.  

Arlo has a very poor app and poor support.  You wait hours on the phone, if you get through at all, and no one ever answers the email requests.  I hope this board is better.

Discussion stats
  • 58 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation