Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 58 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

As was the case months ago, described in this thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-app-iOS-badge-notification-shows-incorrect/m-p/1697551

... the badge notifications on my iPhone are not resetting again.  Every time I clear them, a new notification sets the counter to a few hundred.  Last time, a cloud fix was needed to address this.  Hopefully Arlo will do the same again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

This issue with the badge counter not resetting should now be resolved. Please download the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App v2.20

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @krypttic

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @krypttic

Are you still experiencing this issue with your badge counter not resetting?

If possible, the development team would like to take a closer look at the app logs from your device to investigate this issue. When you notice the badge counter not resetting can you log in & retrieve these logs by logging > click the arlo logo 3 times > Send email pops up > You will then see an email prompt, send the logs to AskArlo@arlo.com subject line attention Shayne/Mark After i've received the logs i'll get these over to the development team for analysis.

Thank you,

ShayneS

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, in fact just his morning I had 72 badge notifications (even though there were only a handful overnight).  When I reviewed and the counter cleared, it jumped back up to 22 badge notifications when a single even was recorded again.

I tried to send the logs, but all I get is a popup message saying  "please configure your email app," with no apparent way to do so.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@krypttic

Thank you for the update,

Are you the Admin on the account or a granted access user? Do you happen to have a screenshot of this message as it occurs?

Are you on the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 2.15 & iOS 13.4.1?

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I am the admin on the account and am using the latest mobile app and iOS.  Screenshot attached.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you happen to be using the Mail app on your iPhone or another application?

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I'm using Outlook

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@krypttic

I see, is there any way we can try to use the Apple email app on the iphone? Using a separate email app may be the issue with sending logs.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

No.  I'm not going to configure a new mail application just to get around a limitation in your reporting code for an issue that I should not be the one troubleshooting in the first place.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Okay, thank you for the information provided. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with the badge counter not resetting. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Despite being marked as solved, this has not been fixed.  I got a notification of motion (1 recording) and the badge on my phone says 31.  Yesterday I got a notification and there were two recordings and it said 46.  I believe the problem lies with shared accounts.  If you have multiple accounts shared the notifications badge count gets all messed up.  Not even remotely close to being correct.

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

3 recordings today and my bade says 134.  Arlo, is anyone there, does anyone care?  This has been a problem for two years, it has NEVER been fixed dispite what you claim.  We just don't complain every day since so far it's been fruitless.  There's a great little company in Seatle called Wyze and they are customer focused.  If they develop a wire free camera, Arlo is toast!  Their products are affordable and they work. Unlike yours.  Oh, and they are responsive to their customers.

Boomer20
Aspirant
Aspirant
App Icon badge count just keeps adding up on new IPhone SE. Didn’t do that on Samsung. Reinstalled app, changed settings, deleted all videos but count continues.
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, this problem is definitely not solved.  My counter is over 400 now, despite having reviewed the videos very recently.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I only have one account, and my badge counter is all messed up too--so this isn't the cause (for me at least)

Owensrm13
Aspirant
Aspirant
The notification number on my app has been incorrect lately. I have app version 2.16.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

uninstall and from app store install the latest version

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Owensrm13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did and still shows incorrect notifications. Usually it says I have notifications and I don’t. Today it said I had 45 but I only had 3.
ragefuljoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issue, has been the same for months. On iphone 11, latest ios, latest arlo app.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, it's been "solved" twice since my original post.  The giant number in the little red dot on my notifications still begs to differ.

The only thing worse than bugs like this is being told (multiple times) that it's fixed, when it clearly isn't...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with Arlo app version 2.18?

ragefuljoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I double checked that I'm on 2.18, I've restarted app as well. Any time a new notification comes in, my badge and the count in app is in the hundreds.

I'm also unable to do the log because I don't use apple mail. Why not just make it copy/paste log so we can send however is needed?

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Ditto

Discussion stats
  • 58 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation