Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio is set to off but camera is still sending audio notice? Can't change camera name?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mzbc
Follower
Follower

10/2019  Audio is turned off but the camera is still sending audio notices. Frustrating 😡. I had turned it on for 8 days while I was away. Now it will not turn off even with the audio settings in "off mode".  Also second problem. I am unable to change my camera name. I have tried to disconnect and reconnect, remove device and add back, turn on and off. Unplugged wireless to hardwired base. (I thought it would make it easier to have good connection and communication for base and cameras, so I thought). Restart the base, delete and reinstalled the app. I mean what else is there to try? I unfortunately have found all these new issues after the new update was installed for October 2019. I don't know if this is my problem or a common problem but I find that Arlo just sucks.  Your tutorials are not in update with your own updates. The menu used to show a little man motion icon.... That little green man for the motion icon is not on my menu settings since 2 updates ago. . Like I said Arlo.. .Meh, not so great. 

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mzbc,

Make sure to have sound detection disabled from your modes (whether it's from default "Armed" or custom mode). You can read here on how to disable: How do I enable or disable motion or sound detection?

And when you say you can't change your camera name, are you able to change it by going to the web client on your computer?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation