Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lc1100_101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Setting new arlo system for a relative, got to firmware update needed and it failed several times. Found out the internet speed was too slow to manage it. Put it on my network hoping to do the update, but no prompt for update and worked ok. Back to relative and update still needed.

Until the Internet speed is resolved and improved is there any way I can install Arlo and bypass the update needed? Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@lc1100_101

Did you try updating the firmware manually? In case you haven't seen this article, here is the link:

https://kb.arlo.com/4736/How-do-I-update-my-Arlo-firmware-manually

Brian

lc1100_101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brian for taking time to respond....unfortunately on my network I had no options available to manually update, thought it had updated during connection.  I will have to wait for relatives network speed to improve and try again.  lc

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices, and resync. That should automatically cause the update to happen although low speed may still be the issue.

lc1100_101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi  Thanks for the time to respond....tried that and yes speed still too slow; waiting for speed to improve!  lc

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation