Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
MelSF
Apprentice
Apprentice

After logging in from my PC into the web portal, the live web streaming just hangs and times out. On occasion a camera will stream live for about 5 seconds and then start buffering and hanging! I don't have this problem using my phone app, just on my desktop PC.

Is anyone else having this problem?  

MG

19 REPLIES 19
Hoopiv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do not buy.  Video delay is delayed 25-30 seconds.  Got it as a christmas gift and could not get on ladder to hang until weather broke.  Now it is too late to return.  Spoke to tech twice.  No change.  My camera is 15 feet from base.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Still happening? I just tried with no issue. What PC OS version and browser? Is all updated? Have you tried a different browser and maybe rebooting the PC?

MelSF
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat - thank you for responding to my post.

I am using a Dell 3.20Ghz 32 gig of ram.

Internet download average 625mbs

Windows 10 updated
Tried with Edge, Chrome and Firefox - all updated

rebooted PC, Modem and router twice

Same Problem!!! when viewing from PC, when you click to live stream, it hangs and just "times-out"!!

I have also tried from my laptop and from my office PC.... same problem!! Live stream times out and won't play with all the above mentioned browsers!

This all started when Flash was eliminated from streaming live.

Any positive advice will be appreciated... BTW, it works fine on my android using the Arlo app, but live streaming fails using my PC's.

Thanks,

MG

ChrisChensy
Guide
Guide

I have similar issues. I cannot login to my arlo portal through my PC. After I enter the email/password, it just stays at the same page. I can still see the cameras using the Arlo app.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Web access was a bit messed up yesterday early going to a login screen... today appears to be fine.

(win10/FF, Chrome)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@MelSF wrote:

Same Problem!!! when viewing from PC, when you click to live stream, it hangs and just "times-out"!!

I have also tried from my laptop and from my office PC.... same problem!! Live stream times out and won't play with all the above mentioned browsers!

This all started when Flash was eliminated from streaming live.

Any positive advice will be appreciated... BTW, it works fine on my android using the Arlo app, but live streaming fails using my PC's.

Another test would be to use a computer at a different site (if feasible these days). That would help isolate local issues. What Internet security software are you using? Kaspersky has been particularly troublesome for some time now although that has resulted in total blockage, not just live viewing.

ChrisChensy
Guide
Guide

I found the error 'XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://ocapi-app.arlo.com/api/auth due to access control checks.' on my Safari when I logged into the portal. Still nothing happened. It was fine yesterday.

MelSF
Apprentice
Apprentice

I actually did try another PC from a different site outside of my home LAN and had the same problem. I also tried it on a Mac... same problem.

What I found today however, is when logged in, I click the live screen arrow to play live, it still hangs and times out... BUT when I click the screen Refresh button (by the address bar at top of browser), it then takes me to the Arlo login process again, but it will then play live after hitting the arrow. So, I essentially have to login, refresh, and login again to be able to see live stream. And that's the same for 3 different PC's and a Mac.

I used Norton security on the PC's, and have never had an issue with Arlo like this until they got rid of the flash feature.

MG

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Hoopiv

I have a few questions for you. What are your speeds from your ISP? Does this issue occur on wifi & mobile data?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

wirlybird
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting the same thing.  New user here and the web portal plays for a brief time then times out.

If I refresh I get a message stating my session has expired.

So far this Arlo setup has been one giant pain.  I got it to replace a system I have issues with but this one is worse.

wirlybird
Aspirant
Aspirant

I an a new user and I am seeing the same delays.  I bought this to replace a lousy system but this Arlo is far worse.

I am on a 200gbps internet plan and have full gigabyte setup in the house.

This is anything but a "live" feed.

Extremely disappointed in this system.

Hoopiv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure of my ISP speed. I have a Ring doorbell and it shows “live” video Immediately. 

MelSF
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Shayne...

MelSF

dcfox1
Master
Master

@wirlybird  What is a brief time? Do you mean live steam or just the web portal open?

wirlybird
Aspirant
Aspirant

Live stream.  I click "live" and it takes 3-4 minutes to get a picture then after 5-10 minutes I get the dots on the screen like it is loading or a "please wait" and it pretty much is frozen at that point.

You have to log out and log back in then it will just do the same thing again.

Cameras show full signal.

MelSF
Apprentice
Apprentice

The live-stream

MelSF
Apprentice
Apprentice

Pretty much the identical situation that I have!! As per Shayne (above), seems we need to call their support team for help on this. 

MelSF

jc2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Internet speed is 940 and I get the 25-30 seconds delay from live action to seeing it on the screen - this is on a mobile device or on a web browser.  I have 4 cameras and I get the same lag on all of them.  It is a pain, as if something happens it takes 30 seconds to see it -- horrible!  The cheapo Amazon cameras show it instantly!

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation