Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo, should I be worried?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

The most common words on this forum board seem to be "not working" or "still not working" or "not working as expected".  With a track record like that and the stock price down nearly 70% from it's high of 23 to now $3.69 a share, should I be worried that my expensive camera system might be little more than paperweights in the near future?  Arlo has a chance to be something really special if they would just fix the problems, listen to it's consumers and be pro-active.  But none of that seems to be happening as geofencing is still broken and I can't even get a response from them when emailing support on the issue.  You can't increase revenue with broken software.  The word is out that your software is junk,  and I for one won't buy another Arlo camera until something major changes at this company.  Perhaps you should stop with the new products and fix what you have and get a reputation of a responsive company.  But I'm not holding my breath and have started to look elsewhere for my camera needs and maybe I can sell what I have before this ship sinks.

The only thing keeping it afloat from my vantage point is that Netgear still holds about 50%.

I'd like nothing better than to be proven wrong.  Just my opinion, yours may differ and I respect that.

1 REPLY 1
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is spot on, sir. I bought this system 4/22 and have 90 days from purchase as it was a 5 camera bundle from costco. I’d still be out what I spent on the 2x light lights and the 4x power cables - but if they don’t fix the issue of the vmb4000 Arlo Pro 2 base station freezing I’m outta here on Arlo and recouping the $650 from Costco and cutting my losses on the rest.

I started out impressed with the cameras and after the May 21st update it all crapped out with no near-future resolution in sight. If nothing else I have Arlo’s B.S. demonstrated to me early to know to cut my loses before all of this crap becomes paperweights. As you said - long term the company is doomed with the awful launch of Arlo and now wavering confidence in their ability to maintain their other product lines others that the obvious money-grab of a system in Ultra.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation