Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo quit recording, and bad WiFi.. Tried resetting, moving base, removing devices, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
marcrnsm
Tutor
Tutor

I'm about to return these paper weights.
1st. All 5 cameras report weak signal EVEN sitting right next to the base.
2nd. Now I get AL the usual notifications, but now it's not recording ANY of them.
I haven't had the even a week now, and I'm ready to throw it out the door.
Yes, I've done all "resetting, moving base, remove devices, blah, blah, blah. Either the base is trash or the system is. I'm getting fed up with it ESPECIALLY for the cost of the damn thing!!

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

Just to clarify your system is sending you notifications alerts when detecting motion etc and was recording them but now you have no recording in the library or the system has stopped recording but you have older recordings still in your library?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the WiFi indicator for each camera in the Devices tab rather than the indication in the Positioning section which always reports "poor".

If the cameras aren't recording, look at the motion icons in the app (dot and 3 bars) - they should be black, not gray. If gray, check what mode is selected. Use a browser to do this since the apps sometimes display/set incorrectly. A mobile browser can be used when set to use the desktop version of the site.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation