Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro2 stopped motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
alessd
Follower
Follower

I have 5 cameras but I have an issue with one of them that sometimes stops detecting motion, therefore stops sending notifications and stops recording. 

I have contacted the support and they advised to take out and re-insert the battery. This works but my camera is in an inaccessible place so it's not possible to do it every time it happens. Also, I only realize it stops when I need a recording and find out it's not there! 

I have requested a replacement because I think the camera is faulty but wonder if anyone else have the same issue?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First thing you should try is to take one of the working cameras and swap it with the troubled one....

this does two things,  1) shows if it is the camera itself or issue of location  2) if it is the camera you have easier access to it for further testing.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

Good Luck with ARLO support. I have one camera on my brand new system that sends fake motion reports and will not detect true motion at all.

ARLO support is going to make you jump through multiple hoops to get issue fixed. I opened my call Friday of last week and did everything they asked of me. Still have the same problems. Called them back today and now they're wanting me to email multiple copies of fake motion detection videos which they would review and call back. I sent the requested videos. That was as 8:30 this morning. I have not heard anything back.

I am just before taking the entire system back and getting a refund. Very disappointed in level of support I am receiving.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation