Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 Issue With Geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Madman12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, just bought a 4 camera set up of pro 2. I seem to be having a problem with geofencing. What I want is 3 cameras (external) on all the time and 1 (internal) to turn off when either of two phones are on the house. I seem to be able to get one or the other, either all cameras on or all cameras off. I’m doing something wrong but I can’t figure out what, any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Al

3 REPLIES 3
bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't have the answer to this, but if you rename the title of your thread to something like 'Geofencing issues' more people might see it. 

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Madman12 ,

Create two custom Modes:

• Mode 1 - 3 cameras armed, 1 camera not armed
  • Mode 2 - All 4 cameras armed

In Geofencing Settings,

• Set Home to Mode 1
  • Set Away to Mode 2
  • Set Radius to Large

Make sure both phones are checked in Geofencing.Enabled Devices screen, and the Location icon is Dark Grey.

IMG_5847.JPG

Enable WiFI on your phones to improve GPS accuracy. Also, ensure power-saving mode is disabled and Location Services permission is set to Always for the app.

It would be best too if each phone had unique accounts. One is yours (Owner) and the other is a 'Friend' account.

FYI, I posted how the Arlo geofencing app works in this thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Geofencing-not-working/m-p/1691858#M55946

Madman12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your reply, 

I'm afraid I do not quite understand your solution. I poosibly need step by step guidance if possible.

The stage I'm at at the moment is having a mode which I call 'bespoke' where I have 3 cameras armed and am relying on the geofencing mode (two iPhones registered) to switch the indoor camera on and off depending on whether or not either phone is within the zone.

The way I've set it up, it seems an either/or  situation where if I have bespoke as the mode the outside

cameras work as required but the geofencing does not. If I have Geofencing as the mode then the outside cameras are not armed.

I'm missing something but not sure what.  From your instructions I'm not sure hoe to set it up. Any help greatly appreciated. 

Al (UK not US)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation