Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 won’t sync cameras. Tried powering down modem and Base Station and manually sync.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
puci
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I just purchased a pro 2 3 camera kit I have synced 2 existing pro2 cameras and 4 arlo older cameras with no issues the 3 new cameras will not sync?? I contacted arlo they got me to power down modem and base station and try and manually sync still no luck... now I can’t get hold of support any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would now start with removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh to see if that helps. Make sure all cameras are fully charged before syncing.

Arloing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. Camera was fine, and had been fine for a while.

The battery ran low, so I charged it. When the blue LED showed the camera was fully charged, it showed offline. Reset Base Station to factory settings and added the cameras but again, this one wouldn't sync. Contacted Arlo Support. Got a reply asking me to do all the standard stuff (reset Base Station, removed all cameras, made sure battery charged etc etc). I had done all that.

After a week of leaving the battery out of the camera I tried again. Success. It worked fine and I closed the case with Arlo Support......until it came to charging time again. Exactly the same situation. Charged up, blue LED, camera offline. Now it won't connect again.

Tried everything. I'm willing to try anything else that anyone suggests that doesn't involve resetting the Base Station again; I can't do that everytime I charge the camera battery!!!

puci
Aspirant
Aspirant
All I spent 3 hours last night removing re syncing re starting... factory re setting.. I have a new base station (that came with the new cameras 1 led type) all my old cameras and door bell syncing to this fine... new cameras wont sync... I removed all from account re installed my older pro 2 base 3 led type... my old cameras all sync fine the 3 new ones wont.. I found it very hard to get any support when I got through the que on chat twice I got cut off they messaged me back but only with the standard trouble shooting... I just spent $$$ on a new pro2 system 3 camera to upgrade some cameras and cant use them...
How do I get these 2 sync? I cant see how 6 other cameras of different models sync ok and e brand new wont????
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Arloing wrote:

Same problem. 

Doesn't look like it to me. Too many dissimilarities.

You might want to start your own discussion.

But did your troubleshooting involved removing the battery to recharge? Or did you just plug the whole camera into a charger?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
puci
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I dont have an external charger just the lead that came with cameras... I did open all 3 cameras and reinsert batteries (batteries switched between cameras)
Over the whole process so far I have removed all from accounts, hard re set units (both) twice every time all existing cameras sync to both base stations (which ever trying at time) and doorbell but no luck the 3 new pro 2,s (2 of existing cameras are pro2s and sync no problems)
Thoughts?
Arloing
Aspirant
Aspirant
I could start a new discussion called ‘Arlo pro 2 won’t sync camera’.

Just being daft; I do see where you’re coming from about the issues not being similar. The reason I posted in this discussion is firstly because of the title; which is my issue, and secondly I thought I’d give a bit further detail in case other uses had not noticed and did have the same problem.

Anyway, to answer your question, I initially charged the battery whilst it was inside the camera and when it had fully charged it disconnected from the Base Station and wouldn’t reconnect. Same issue the second time round with a different battery installed.

I have opened a new case and waiting a reply. If I find a solution in the meantime, I’ll be sure to update this.

Thanks.
puci
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi thanks for response, I will try recharging and swapping batteries again
puci
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I got some more trouble shooting tips from arlo, rakd battery out and plug camera in to power supply manually hit sync on camera and base
This still didn't work
Jacando
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve got the same problems. Have wasted 2 days trying to reset cameras that I have been using satisfactorily for the past two years. Can’t download app either. Very frustrating
Arloing
Aspirant
Aspirant
My last ditch attempt before forcing a camera replacement under warranty...

I’m taking the camera to where I work and going to try a sync it to that system. If it doesn’t sync there either I think I have a solid case for saying the camera is faulty.

I’ll let you know how this goes next week.
Arloing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera won't sync to the other Base Station either.

Camera fubared so will go down the warranty route.

Thanks for comments/replies.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation