Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 stopped recording and started and stopped again

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thomasski11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased two ekstra Arlo Pro 2 cameras in addition to the two I have from before. 

The last recordning was last friday July 14th. There is no recordings while logging on online, exept from this day. All batteries are full. App on phone are deleted and downloaded again. The base station is armed and motion detection are on. Yet no more recording. 

Before this I have experienced the same on different occations. Any idea on what to do? After spending $350 on two new cameras just recenly I would prefer not to upgrade to even newer models with subsription

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thomasski11 wrote:

The last recordning was last friday July 14th. There is no recordings while logging on online, exept from this day. All batteries are full. App on phone are deleted and downloaded again. The base station is armed and motion detection are on. Yet no more recording. 

No recordings from any camera?  Or just no recordings from the two new ones?

I'm a little confused by the "except from this day" bit.  Are you saying are you getting some recordings now?  If so, are they from the new cameras or the old ones (or both)?

Thomasski11
Aspirant
Aspirant

From 3 out of 4 cameras (1 old, 2 new) it was recorded on 1 out of the 7 last days. This day was 5 days ago. Nothing since. The last one might not have been had any detections since it is in the back of the house. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thomasski11 wrote:

From 3 out of 4 cameras (1 old, 2 new) it was recorded on 1 out of the 7 last days. This day was 5 days ago. Nothing since. The last one might not have been had any detections since it is in the back of the house. 

Have you tried increasing the detection threshold to 100 for one of the cameras, and see if you get more recordings from it?

FWIW, I have noticed a drop in nighttime recordings over the past few weeks - hard to say if that is on Arlo, as it is possible that there is simply less activity.  But it is something that I'm trying to sort out.  This is happening on all my cameras (not just Pro 2s).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation