Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 recording only for 11 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ispiratica
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,
After the 30 September 2021 update one of three Pro 2 cameras stopped recording or motion sensing. After battery reinsert, AC power unplugged and re-sync it only records from a short distance and for only 11 seconds. Sometimes it will record 12 seconds but never more. The rules were changed from 60s to 120s and even up to 300s. I know the firmware updated because on the 30th I saw the camera updating at 5am in the morning. It then wasn't able to sync automatically till I did the steps above. They are within warranty but Arlo hasn't responded to my ticket opened 3 days ago. I did find another thread with a similar issue but it was unresolved. Thanks for your help.
I have a 4000r3 base station.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your modes and rules for proper settings. It's possible that removing and re-syncing the camera will help.

Ispiratica
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,
Already tried that. I've tried all the basic troubleshooting. Rules are the same as all my cameras. I noticed that it's detecting more motion since I increased sensitivity to 100 but it's still recording up to 11s.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the removal/re-syncing?

Ispiratica
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, please see my prior post. I noticed I'm not receiving push notifications from this camera either. When motion is detected and it records I see the blue light rapidly blinking. It's currently set to show fully charged battery.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Ispiratica,

I saw on your post mentioning that you contacted the support team but never heard back. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Ispiratica
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Jessica,

I received your pm but I can't open it. All I see is an incomplete URL.

Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent you a reply to your private message as FYI 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation