Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 outdoor power

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Roberob
Tutor
Tutor
Hello, is the arlo pro 2 compatible with the arlo weatherproof outdoor power cord?
4 REPLIES 4
wasseng
Tutor
Tutor
cathcam
Tutor
Tutor

I'm interested too in a powered/waterproof solution. I've literally got landscaping guys out in my back yard running underground power and gas feeds today.

Looking at the Data Sheet for the Arlo 2 Pro https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/ArloPro2/Arlo_Pro_2_Datasheet.pdf

It says that Outdoor Power Adapter VMA4700 can be plugged into a weatherproof outlet. But you are right, it looks like a micro-USB plug, which doesn't seem so great.

Add-in the fact that a single camera is $219.99 and you have to buy a base station, plus an outdoor power chord, and this makes it uncompetitive. There are lots of powered, wifi-based, outdoor security cameras...

wasseng
Tutor
Tutor

Yes it seems to be Micro USB connector and they use Quick-charging (9 volt)

@BretD gave me this link in another diskussion: 

https://kb.arlo.com/1152208/What-is-Quick-Charge-and-why-does-my-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Go-camer...

Quick Charge is a technology that lets rechargeable battery-operated electronic devices charge at a higher voltage to achieve faster charging speeds than traditional USB charging allows.

Arlo Pro Wire-Free cameras and Arlo Go cameras use Quick Charge technology to help you refill your batteries faster and reduce your camera downtime.

Note: Quick Charge technology only works if you use a compatible Quick Charge power adapter and power adapter cable. A regular 5V Micro USB cable does not have high enough voltage to fully charge your Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera or Arlo Go camera. You must use the 9V Arlo Pro power adapter and power adapter cable that came with your Arlo Pro system or the 9V Arlo Go power adapter and power adapter cable that came with your Arlo Go camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of the Arlo outdoor power supply allows the camera and power to be weatherproof.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation