Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 offline. Tried re-installing and tried in different location.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jenpryer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

For the last two days our Arlo Pro 2 is showing as offline. The other Arlo HD camera and the base unit seem to be functioning fine.

After spending hours yesterday restarting the whole system and re-installing the cameras without any success I bought the Arlo Pro 2 inside and it works fine indoors. I walked round our house with it, a lot further than it would be outside, without any connection issues yet as soon as I put it back outside on its fixing it’s offline. I even tried outside in a different location and its showing offline too? It’s been in this location for some time without this issue so cannot understand what’s happened?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jenny

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it may be that something has changed in your environment (new hardware near the camera that uses a 2.4GHz signal causing interference would be my guess), you can contact support using the link at the bottom here since there may be a hardware problem.

Jenpryer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi.

Thanks for replying, literally nothing we can think of has changed. The only thing that did was the night before we signed up for CVR.

The camera is about 18 months old so I’m guessing any kind of free support has ended. We have had a number of issues with reliability on this pro 2 so maybe time to dump the lot and find a different make?

Thanks
Jenny
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can still get free support, just no faulty hardware swaps.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation