Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 not recording or alarming

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kkartel
Aspirant
Aspirant
On of 2 cameras has quit alarming and recording. Using the free software
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kkartel
Aspirant
Aspirant
You won't believe this. I did the resyncs on Saturday and today it's working!! Amazing. Just took a mention of calling support and whammo it's behaving now!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Details. What have you tried? What do you see? Are the motion indicators (3 lines and a dot in the app, running men in the web browser) in the Devices tab gray or black? Gray means disarmed - check your active mode.

Kkartel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Both camers are armed. The 2nd camera is fine. I have turned off the camera and turned it on via the app. I will check for the lines and get back to you in a little bit.
Kkartel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have the 3 lines and dot.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But is the icon black or gray? Gray means the camera is disarmed.

Kkartel
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat It is black. My last reply must not have made it to you. So do you think a rsync on that camera would be helpful?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would be a good first step.

Kkartel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great I will do that when I get to dad's. probably tomorrow or the next day.
Kkartel
Aspirant
Aspirant
No luck. Now the blue light in the front is not on either. I do still have black lines with the dot. The 2nd camera has amber lines and dot but still records and alerts
Kkartel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok 2nd camera has black lines and dot and alerting and recording. 1st camera no light and no alerts or recording. I have synced several times. 1st camera still has the black lines as and dot. I can manually record.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to open a case with support for a bad camera:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Kkartel
Aspirant
Aspirant
You won't believe this. I did the resyncs on Saturday and today it's working!! Amazing. Just took a mention of calling support and whammo it's behaving now!
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation