Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 not recording both sides of two way audio

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
s9benne
Follower
Follower

Arlo pro 2 will not record both sides of conversation and will not continue to record after motion detection if I initiate two way audio. It advertises both. This is false advertisement. I’ve waited a year just for them to get the two way audio to work. Very disappointed with this company so far.

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@s9benne

As far as I know, the ony way to activate 2 way audio is to launch live view in the app and at that point there is no recording going on. But, now that you brought it up, what happens if you start a recording in live view? Will it work then? I might have to try that as I am not sure it will work this way.

Brian

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@s9benne wrote:
Arlo pro 2 will not record both sides of conversation and will not continue to record after motion detection if I initiate two way audio. It advertises both. This is false advertisement. I’ve waited a year just for them to get the two way audio to work. Very disappointed with this company so far.

Where does Arlo advertise that it records both sides of a conversation?

They below knowledge base article says: "Note: Only audio from the camera end is recorded. The viewer’s voice is not recorded and is not audible during video playback."

https://kb.arlo.com/1004319/What-is-the-push-to-talk-feature-on-my-Arlo-camera-and-how-does-it-work

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation