Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 constant power

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rcam4285
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am thinkjng of buying the arlo pro 2. What power adapter will I need to use in order to get constant power?

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The Arlo Pro 2 power adapters are a qualcomm faster charger unit that outputs 5V normally but when it detects it can, it will output 9V to charge the battery.

It is highly recommended that you use an official netgear Arlo power adapter. I tried a Samsung fast charger and it didn't work. I tried a different Samsung fast charger and it worked. I guess YMMV

If you are going to run the camera without the battery in, it may possibly run off any 5V USB power supply. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can leave the battery in place with a 5v 2A charger but it will only run the camera, not charge the battery.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do we no longer get the annoying error message if we do that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno - haven't tried it. I don't think I have any single voltage chargers left to try.

Rcam4285
Aspirant
Aspirant
the sell site says: plug into a indoor power outlet to unlock advanced features. What power adapter do I need? also, can i use the solor panel to unlock the advance features?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. You must use AC power - the solar panel only has enough current to charge the battery. The adapter needs to have at least 5v at ~2A to run the camera. The Arlo adapter is the preferred one.

Rcam4285
Aspirant
Aspirant
thanks
you are a big help.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation