Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 can't set up

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
compcare
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone, so  I recently purchased an Arlo pro 2, and i can't seem to set it up, when trying to make an account from the phone app, i keep getting an error saying "Name must be 32 characters long and should not contain any forward slash" does it mean the "first name" so i have to have a 32 characters long name otherwise i can't create an account? anyways, so i decided to see if i could create an account on my computer and it worked, then i logged in to the app with that account, and everything looked ok until i reach the "service agreement" and when i click "I AGREE" i get the same error!! so now i am stuck with no usability for this cameras nor this account, any ideas PLEASE?!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you were able to set up an account on the PC...then do so.

Sounds maybe like an app error.

Also try an uninstall and reinstall the app.

Once the account is setup, you can access it on ios and android using the same name/password

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

compcare,

Some users have experienced this issue due to special characters in their iOS devices name (example: JamesC's Iphone). Try renaming your iOS device to something without special characters (JamesCIphone) and see if you still get the same results.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation