Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 can't get the blue motion detection test light to turn off.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can't get the blue motion detection test light to turn off.

Every time my camera sees motion, the blue light blinks. I went into the settings for that camera went into the motion detection test and set it to 80% then clicked the green arrow to back out of that menu and still the motion detection blue light keeps blinking. How do I turn this off?

11 REPLIES 11
brh
Master
Master

@Eric182

Cliick on the gear icon above the camera and on the next page go down to where it says Camera LED and click on the button to turn the light off.

Brian

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
I clicked the gear above the camera in the mobile app. There is nothing that says camera LED.

I see all the normal settings for the camera, including motion detection mode, full charge indicator light, video settings, audio settings etc. etc. etc. but nothing that says Camera LED.
brh
Master
Master

@Eric182

Sorry, I was looking on the Computer IDE instead of the app. The app is not the same. I am not seeing this button on the mobile app. Log into your account on a pc and you will see it by following the steps i posted above.

Brian

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, but I logged in on my PC, saw what you were talking about, but the option you are talking about is the blue indicator for full battery charge.  I am referring to the blue led that flashes when there is motion being detected.  It stops when there is no motion and flashes when there is motion.  This is what I'm trying to disable.

brh
Master
Master

@Eric182

Once again you are correct and I am wrong. Guess I am not doing too well at answering questions this evening. I just tested two of my outside Pro models and the blue light did not come on. I am wondering if it is because i have the night vision turned off on my cameras. I have sufficient light at night where I don't need night vision. Try turning the night vision off and see what happens.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Eric182

Here is an article I found that might explain things.

https://kb.arlo.com/1200780/How-do-I-turn-my-Arlo-Go-camera-s-LED-on-or-off

I have my Arlo Pros set up with the battery full light turned on but the night vision turned off. The blue light comes on when the battery is charged to 100% but does not come on when motion is detected. When I turn on the Night Vision, I get red Leds that come on with motion. The Pro 2 might be slightly different as far as the light goes but in principle I think they are the same. The article says to turn the light off as in my original post and it will not activate until you turn it back on. That is all I could find so try it and see how it works.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just pull the battery and then replace to reset the camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LLWarrenP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone figure this out?

I have a couple Arlo Pro 2 cameras and am having the same issue where the blue light seems to always flash during motion on one of them.  I've rebooted the camera and the base station as well as clicked on anything I can find in the camera's setup but nothing seems to deter the blue light special from being triggered during motion.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reinserted the battery to reset the camera? Maybe try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resyncing would help. If not, open a case with support here for a possible bad camera.

LLWarrenP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Previously, the battery had died and I had swapped it out for a fresh one before reinstalling and the issue persisted.

This is just poor execution on Netgear's part.  As soon as the rest of the Arlo Pro 2 features were re-enabled (i.e. activity zones), this went away.  Shame on Netgear for not clearly acknoledgeing the service outage and outlining a reduction in service.  It might be somewhere but it should have been an alert to customers.  Honestly it shows a lack of maturity.  At least for this it was just an annoyance but the larger outage starting around 8 March should have been dealt with.  Heads should roll.

LLWarrenP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also just wanted to document for anyone else, the "motion test" light is actually amber, not blue.  The blue seems to be for when the battery is charged but the test itself actually flashes a different color.  If you turn off the "battery full" (why anyone would ever want that is beyond me) and aren't in the test mode screen the camera should be lights off completely.

My guess is that Netgear disabled pushing changes to the cameras during the extended outage and recovery so changes just weren't getting to the camera.  What the blue light is for, I have no idea other than battery full.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation