Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
wbtje
Guide
Guide

I have a pro2 camera wirded on ac wich recordings worked goed until a few weeks.  Sometimes when playing back recordings i noticed the movie freezes but the sounds recordings walk true. So you can first see someone walk then the person freezes en th sound go's on. So sounds telling that someons walking but the film shows that the person freezes.

I have three camera's this is the only camera showing the problem.

I'm on the latest firmware.

Hope you guys can help me out. 

thank you

10 REPLIES 10
brh
Master
Master

@wbtje,

most likely is that the signal at the camera is weak, Your internet speed is too slow or there is interference between the base and the camera.

What is the signal strength showing on the camera?

What are you download and upload speeds for your internet? If you don't know, you can download the Ookla Speedtest app and check the speeds while standing near the camera.

Temporarily move the camera closer to the hub and see if that fixes the problem.

Brian

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you have the USB backup installed, check to see if the recordings also has the same issue.
wbtje
Guide
Guide

Hi signal is always two bars. Speed is download 204mbit and upload 21 Mbit. So I doet think thats the issue.

kind regards 

@brh wrote:

@wbtje,

most likely is that the signal at the camera is weak, Your internet speed is too slow or there is interference between the base and the camera.

What is the signal strength showing on the camera?

What are you download and upload speeds for your internet? If you don't know, you can download the Ookla Speedtest app and check the speeds while standing near the camera.

Temporarily move the camera closer to the hub and see if that fixes the problem.

Brian

wbtje
Guide
Guide

@Dannybear wrote:
If you have the USB backup installed, check to see if the recordings also has the same issue.

Dont have USB, So cant check that.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I would recommend that you implement the USB option to capture the full recordings.

My experience is that this a common theme in that your recordings are perfect on the USB but the cloud server only records part of the video stream.
As the audio stream is still recording to the cloud this eliminates the internet path and as the USB recordings are fine the wifi path is fine also.
This defines the base station as the issue and likely to be a firmware bug.
This issue has been about in the forum for a long time.
I no longer have the issue since removing the pinch and zoom settings on all my cameras.
Hope this helps.
wbtje
Guide
Guide

hmm hope netgear wil fix this, because one of the reasons i bought this setup becaus it was easy in use

brh
Master
Master

@wbtje,

also be aware that Arlo is no longer part of Netgear. They are now a public company.

Brian

wbtje
Guide
Guide

then i hope dat arlo fixes this issue 😉 if i put in a usb what capicity it should have? and wil it also automaticy delete's in a week?

Dannybear
Master
Master
I recall that the maximum allowable size is 2TB but not sure if that is across both USB ports.
I have never used a mechanical HDD so not sure if there’s sufficient power delivered from the USB port. FAQs can help.

I use two 16Gb flash drive sticks, one per port. The format requirement is FAT32 which most are already out of their package.
Set the backup USB option in the App to not auto overwrite so you get an alert when the active usb is 80% full. Then you can manually select the second USB drive and then eject the other drive for archiving. If you set overwrite you will never know when they are full.
You can just keep buying new ones to add on or copy the recordings using a PC, clean the drive and insert back into the base.
I renamed my USB drives to match their colour so I know which one to eject for archiving.
Be aware that you can’t manually record to the USB, only to the cloud library. If you opt for CVR recordings you will not get these on the USB backup either, neither detected recordings.
The amount of time it takes to fill my drive is about 3 months with moderate use.
Also be aware that powered cameras will not properly record to the USB if you loose internet to the base. Arlo acknowledged issue with the base firmware.
Regarding the fix, the more users complain to arlo management the more chance it will be considered.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Each drive can be 2TB but that's because the ultimate limit for FAT32 is 2TB. That's rather gross overkill for many users - 16-64GB should be plenty and can be handled by cheap thumb drives.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation