Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation
Samchan203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

Recently I have had issues regarding the station and cameras went offline in app but it kept recording when it senses motion and also send alert. 

This morning was the second time and I decided to removed the base station, factory reset and add it again. However, I could not proceed after I added the base station. It said basestation found but could not check firmware then it shows offline now, could not even add another camera.

The light are yellow for power and internet, and I did 3 time resetting just won’t work.

anyone experiencing the same?

14 REPLIES 14
ronbok
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having the exact same issue.  Started this afternoon.  The APP claims the base station is offline, but its NOT.  Internet is fine.  Camera’s are connected, but the APP can’t seem to locate them.  Looks like there’s a system wide issue here.

ronbok
Tutor
Tutor

The base station is all GREEN in my case, but the APP cannot find it.  In fact the lights are blinking normally…

Samchan203
Aspirant
Aspirant

And it’s the second time this month for me, we would not notice if we dont click in the app, and now after removal of devices, it not able to add them back, hope they fix soon. Arlo Pro 2 

TacoTuesday
Star
Star

I'm having the same problem since this afternoon.  Arlo pro 4.  The app says my cameras are offline, but they are still detecting motion and recording.

STEPHDEN
Aspirant
Aspirant

SAME PROBLEM!  I HOPE THIS IS RESOLVED SOON

ebonyeyes2152
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  My base station went offline.  I removed and reset everything and still nothing.  The green lights are on but my base station will not come back online.  I contacted support and they said to wait for 3 hours.  It looks like waiting the 3 hours is not working.  

Stan89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue with two different remote set-ups as described by others. Cameras sense motion and record and report to the feed, but devices are not available for direct viewing. Lights on base station where I am currently located are all green, even though app reports that base is offline... Glad that the sensing half of the system works, but direct monitoring is nice to have also...

Cl3m
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem - when I saw that I couldn't control the cameras in the app, I tried to reset and re-add the basestation.  I'm able to re-add the base station successfully, but then it can't check Firmware status and then when I skip the Firmware check and try to add cameras, it says the basestation appears offline. Tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Golden_Orb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem.  All cameras and base station stated as off-line on ios app as well as web app.  All other non-Arlo devices connected via ethernet or wi-fi working fine.

Tily
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, just started today.

Stan89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, seems to be back up at both of my locations, locally here, and also at remote location. Many thanks to whomever corrected this. Hope this does not re-occur again... THANKS AGAIN!!!

Ughthebilling
Tutor
Tutor

Has this been fixed yet?  Mine is now seeing my base station, but can't get the app to see my cameras.  I was on with an Arlo rep yesterday and they told me to remove everything and put it back on, now can't get my cameras back on.  This is terrible!!!

larryhsu
Aspirant
Aspirant

i'm having the same issue since yesterday 3/21 !!

it took me 3-4 hours to remove and add the base station back succesfully ( it kept saying firmware issue in the beginning and my base station couldn't get back online )

now my base station is back online, but it could only sync to 1 of my 2 camera, the other camera can not be found and can not be re-set by pressing 15 sec of sync bottom 

this is terrible, i think the whole firmware system screw up not only the base station but the camera too!

Ughthebilling
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah.. I think this is the last straw for Arlo and me.  The price increase for a really sub-par product, inability to get a hold of anyone that can help, lack of invoice or billing statements on your account, and now the app can't even see the cameras! 

I can't believe I spent hours and hours over the last 24hrs on various chats with Arlo and still can't get my cameras on.  If I had just waited out the Arlo App issue from yesterday and not deleted my base station like the Arlo Rep on Chat recommended, I'd likely have my cameras running now.  

Arlo is the worst.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation