Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 CVR and motion activated alerts setup?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Maych87
Follower
Follower

Hi all I am hoping someone can answer my question. I am interested in purchasing an arlo system for my work which would need 5 cameras. One of the cameras in the front reception area has to have an alarm and record sound. My issue is i would like the camera in the front reception area to continuous monitor and after hours to be motion activated so I get alerts or the alarm sounds if there were an intruder. I have a basic arlo at home and I know this is not possible on that version. Which version if any could I achieve that. 

Alternatively it could be set up to motion activate without without notifications during business hours and with notifications after hours as long as the alarm could be set to only go after hours.

All the cameras could have power run to them and could be plugged in if necessary. 

Any advice on which system to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any of the Pro or Ultra cameras will be fine with this. By using AC power to the reception area you can subscribe to CVR for 24/7 recording while still using motion detection recordings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Any of the Pro or Ultra cameras will be fine with this. By using AC power to the reception area you can subscribe to CVR for 24/7 recording while still using motion detection recordings.

The Q's would work too (since the cameras are all indoor).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation