Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo keeps arming itself unexpectedly

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NotBiscuit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Starting about a week ago my Arlo system keeps arming itself unexpectedly. I disabled the IFTTT integration I had setup with SmartThings to see if that was going haywire but it's still happening. It seems that within an hour or so of disarming the system, it just arms itself. It's killing my camera batteries, creating a ton of false alarms and making the system much more of a nuisance than anything else. 

I have the base station, 2x Pro, 1x Pro 2, and 1x Baby cam. The base station is running firmware 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a

Given this just started happening (I've had the system for months and haven't touched the configuration recently), I'm assuming it's associated with a bug introduced in a recent firmware update. Anyone have any ideas or having the same issues?

There were previous reports of a similar issue that seem to have been solved via a firmware update:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-keeps-arming-itself-automatically/td-p/1597031

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @NotBiscuit

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

NotBiscuit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed the issue yesterday. I had a schedule set that I wasn't using ("Schedule" mode not selected) and that has previously never caused a problem. Once I deleted all the armed periods from the schedule this issue of the system arming itself unexpectedly stopped happening. Why all of a sudden it started arming on the schedule (despite the "Schedule" mode not being selected) isn't entirely clear to me. 

So I still believe there's a bug in the Arlo app or base station firmware (the schedule being followed even when you don't set the mode to "Schedule") but I've resolved my issue.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation