Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo iOS App - 2.6.0 -20th October 2018

Waymar
Guide
Guide

Please can you return the basic camera to the position you had it before this update.  I liked to be able to see at a glance which camera had a low battery or had just been activated. It was previously visible on the devices screen without having to open each camera.

342 REPLIES 342
BenFryer
Star
Star
Guys, can I suggest that you do two things. Head over to Twitter and publicly announce the failure of this update so others can see the incompetence of The Nethear/Arlo development team, and two, head over to the iOS App Store,
locate the arlo app and leave an honest review so other potential investors can see what it going on here before they waste their money on this so called security system.

Clearly The Netgear/Arlo team aren’t listening to us in here so I think it’s time to take this frustration to a more public arena.

Netgear......shame on you for not carrying out proper user acceptance testing both internally and publicly before releasing your updates. You are so far disconnected from your user community it’s a disgrace! The cost of these devices and the safety nature of their delivered services should demand even more stringent UAT than most software.
Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
The new version is a failure. We need to roll back to the previous version which was great.
Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yup. Yup. And blatantly obvious that the app ‘update ‘ was written by someone who has never used the cameras or app. Total failure.
Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Damn. I can’t imagine, (and I say this in all seriousness) how frustrating it must be to try and work with the new update. I have three cameras and I’m hating it. You have my sympathy. ARLO!!!!!! LET US ROLL BACK to the last version. NO ONE LIKES UR NEW VERSION.
Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yup. New update is ridiculous with the new requirement of clicks and scrolling. Last version was a dream compared to this.
BenFryer
Star
Star
I’m sure this keeps getting deleted, however:

Guys, can I suggest that you do two things. Head over to Twitter and publicly announce the failure of this update so others can see the incompetence of The Nethear/Arlo development team, and two, head over to the iOS App Store,
locate the arlo app and leave an honest review so other potential investors can see what it going on here before they waste their money on this so called security system.

Clearly The Netgear/Arlo team aren’t listening to us in here so I think it’s time to take this frustration to a more public arena.

Netgear......shame on you for not carrying out proper user acceptance testing both internally and publicly before releasing your updates. You are so far disconnected from your user community it’s a disgrace! The cost of these devices and the safety nature of their delivered services should demand even more stringent UAT than most software.
Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Excellent ideas. Also, since I bought my Arlo system at Costco, I’m going to notify them about the lousy update, all the problems, and lack of customer support. Costco will except returns at any date so I might also return the system. Too bad. I’ve had it for a year, loved it and recommended to three others at work. I’ll give Arlo a few days to let us roll back to the older app version which was great.
DudeDad
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've already tweeted at them and responded to one of their tweets with a Digital Trends article praising Arlo...I suggested that Digital Trends try the new app....

bkinyoun57
Guide
Guide
Recent update to mobile app has made my system USELESS!!
DudeDad
Apprentice
Apprentice

I finally got through to the online chat....was told that the engineers are working on it.  I told her it would make sense to post in the community to let them know, and to re-issue the prior version as an "update" with an explanation that the previously released update was pulled and will be reissued...PR is important.

We shall see...

Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
That would be great if that is the FIX. Thx you for spending the time on getting through to support.
PerryArlo
Guide
Guide
You also can’t see all activity zones at once, like you used to. The old interface was fine, but now if I want to tile different zones to make sure to cover one area and exclude another, it’s really difficult.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I submitted a one star App Store review with a recommendation, the person in charge of this release be fired.  Whomever it was clearly lacks the required skills to be in charge of any software releases...let alone one attached to a security system!

PerryArlo
Guide
Guide
Moving the labels BELOW the cameras is also silly. They were much better ABOVE.
PerryArlo
Guide
Guide
The top area where you can signal an alarm also violates basic UI because on the iPhone X it caused the status area of the phone to be darkened so you can’t read the current time. or see your cell and WiFi strength. And the word Alarm is in the notch area so you can’t read it!
PerryArlo
Guide
Guide
It was nice when on the main screen you could see the number of unseen recordings, even when it was 0. You could the click that and go directly to the library with a filter for only recordings from that camera.
jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
I also hope they are paying attention to this thread. Lots of people piling on. Please roll back to the previous version of the app.
DavidCruiseSF
Star
Star
This picture pretty much sums up how bad this “update” is and how useless brand new Arlo Pro2 system has become. I purchased 10 cameras, 8 solar panels, 6 lights. It’s a big investment.

Arlo - Fix this, now, please! Or I will uninstall all of this, returning it to Costco and cancel my subscription.

#1 Get rid of those useless alerts telling me there is no AC power (it’s a wireless camera in case you folks forgot)
#2 Bring back the status bar for each camera (seeing the health/status of each device is helpful, why would you remove it??)
#3 Fix the microphone/live audio (I shouldn’t have to hold the screen to talk)
#4 Fix the live video bugs (it’s completely unstable and I have to restart 3 or 4 times to watch live)
#5 Fire the leader of the team that let this version out without testing it and correcting this stuff.

You sell a SECURITY camera system and subscription, this means it is supposed to be MISSION CRITICAL for users and we expect it to work with very little trouble.. We are not your guinea pigs and you aren’t building/releasing app software that delivers food to my door. I need to rely on this hardware and service to protect LIFE & PROPERTY. Your users shouldn’t be subjected to this unstable release/upgrade by engineers that think it’s ok to release “its good enough for now” software.

As a new user/subscriber, I am going to wait 72 hours for this stuff to get fixed, after that I will uninstall everything and return it to Costco and cancel my Primier Plus subscription for your failures. We have 4 Arlo systems on my block alone, and every single one of us is experiencing the same problem and resulting frustration.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Ditto. Bad release and design. At least my iPhone 4S can't upgrade and still has the old design for now...

DavidCruiseSF
Star
Star
Likewise for my 6 year old iPad, and it’s the first time that I’m thankful it is stuck on iOS9, so I can safely keep running Arlo 2.5.5 on it.....
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@DavidCruiseSF wrote:
Likewise for my 6 year old iPad, and it’s the first time that I’m thankful it is stuck on iOS9, so I can safely keep running Arlo 2.5.5 on it.....

For now until Arlo blocks old versions. Also, I don't know if App Store still has the older versions in case we need to redownload and reinstall. Usually, they do but SOME developers remove the older versions from it. Also making a back up to a computer's iTunes does NOT back up apps. 😞

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I just put the new update on my Android and I see unseen recordings on the main camera screen they pop up next the the gear icon lower right of the camera screen if no recordings are triggered then it will not be a number.

I do know one thing the notifications are alot quicker to the phone now around 1-2 seconds after camera trigger, after playing with it today I like it alot better then the old as iam getting use to it.

bkinyoun57
Guide
Guide
Have the same problem here!!
bobcharest
Initiate
Initiate

Agreed completely.

This "upgrade" isn't...

Being able to se everything at a glance is useful. By what measure do you think obscuring that information is helpful?

Hire a new app development staff - and, for you managers, try using the product before you roll it out.

This is hte opposite of customer friendly or useful.

Bob Charest

fotodon
Initiate
Initiate
October 2018 Update has my cameras inoperable!! 😡. Need to go back to previous settings!!