Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Waymar
Guide
Guide

Please can you return the basic camera to the position you had it before this update.  I liked to be able to see at a glance which camera had a low battery or had just been activated. It was previously visible on the devices screen without having to open each camera.

342 REPLIES 342
Laylabird
Guide
Guide
If your app is the same, I suggest that you turn off auto update until they fix this. I also have Android and am experiencing problems viewing video as well as having the different interface.
Laylabird
Guide
Guide
I don't care as much about the UI as I do about functionality. Since update I get push notifications but no video in library or when I do get video about half can't be viewed in the app. I can download them and then view, sans audio but that's rubbish and I should not have to do that.
The cameras are reported as being offline about half the time but every other smart device in my home are functioning as they should.
The update is flawed.
Laylabird
Guide
Guide
I'd like to know that as well!
o-cloughie
Tutor
Tutor
Since the update when you go into mode you no longer get an arrow that allows you to turn on or off email or phone notifications? Why have you deleted this? My phone is going nuts every 10 seconds with an alert that I have no way of turning off?
Nano-Curiosity
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, i am having the same issues!

The new iOS app update recently is lack of important icon-display features on each camera for live viewing such as Alarm (need for quick action making), Battery-Status and Wi-Fi indicator! They are gone!! Then on my MacBook Air cutoffs haft part of live viewing! I’m so disappointed! Please roll back to the previous one. 

mnstevens
Guide
Guide

So after delving deeper into this "update" 4 days later there are WAY more issues than just the app update. The camera on the front off my house with 3 zones just flat does not work AT ALL since the update. No notifications. I drive thru my driveway 4 times a day. Nothing. My North garage cam caught a tree service truck towing a chipper driving thru the circle drive today at 5:20. Front cam nothing. I even plugged this cam in to power see if that would fix the issue. Nothing. Base station and camera have been rebooted. No change. 

I put brand new charged batteries in my 2 rear facing cams on the 22nd. Right rear cam has 4 clips and is at 100% battery left. Rear left cam has ZERO clips. is at 14%.  

I have had these cams at my office for 5 months and at my house for 45 days. Zero issues. Now this? This update must be deeper than the app update. 99% of my use is on the website not the app. 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@hubcam26 wrote:

I've read too many concerns on this latest app update to wonder if anyone at NetGear is even bothering to look into this. After hundreds of negative comments, some with some real concerns, not one reply from NetGear trying to provide some degree of compassion. That is the absolute worst customer service. We have all paid for what we thought was a upgrade in security monitoring, but to have a company appear to be totally ignoring these issues is horrible. I find if a slap in the face to see the message "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled", then in a box below that message it says "OK...got it" We all apparently "got it" and we don't like it. How about those responsible for this fiasco also "Get It" and fix what they distroyed. Or at the very least keep us posted as to what you are doing to fix this issue. You can't hide.

Netgear sold off Arlo into its own company. Example: https://www.cnet.com/news/netgear-spins-its-arlo-smart-home-security-brand-off-as-a-public-company/

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Wow, someone merged this thread with Android app posts. Confusing! They should had been kept as separate threads!

wenklaw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Totally agree, the new update this month is a backwards step.

1) Battery meter no longer on first login screen (with all the battery drain issues on the Arlo cameras this is essential to quickly glance at the current level)

2) Mode of camera again not on the first screen

3)When i open the app i always get a 'yellow battery' briefly on every camera even though the batteries once i check them via clicking into each camera (which is a royal pain) are fine.

4)Siren button remians basically hidden.

In short the how the GUI looks is fine but the removal of critical visible status symbols is really annoying and it begs the question, why have they been removed?

emt803
Star
Star
This is the reply I got on Facebook when I posted my issue on the Facebook page
RevBilly
Initiate
Initiate
mnstevens
Guide
Guide

Shocking someone in tech did something stupid. LOL 

Another update from me trying to diagnose and fix my own cams. Only the cams with zones seems to be not alerting. Even after removing all zones they do not alert. When I get home I'm going to try and delete them from the account and add them back to start fresh. Super thrilled to get the ladder out again. Really. 

Helpmeronda
Guide
Guide

I totally agree with previous posted comments. The new update is two steps backwards. 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Guys, please remember to rate and leave comments in App stores like Apple's. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arlo/id925911312 shows lots of low ratings and negative comments in this new/current version. I left mine too.

Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wonder if customer support will even reply here? One week in with this awful update and not one word from support.
DudeDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m out of town but received this message from tech support.

This is Angelie, the Arlo Expert you have chatted about the updated App Version on your Phone that shows the error message about AC power adapter being disconnected. I do apologize for the confusion and the inconvenience this has caused you.

Here is the troubleshooting steps you will be followed to eliminate the incorrect error on AC power adapter:

Reset the base station
1. Get a pin/paperclip.
2. Press and hold the reset button until the lights would go amber.
3. Wait for two green lights.

Remove the base station under the Arlo account.
1. Go to "Settings"
2. Click "My Devices"
3. Select "base station"
4. Click "Remove Device"

Add the base station
1. Access your Arlo account.
2. Go to Devices tab.
3. Click Add Device
4. Select the base station and follow the prompt steps

Thanks again for choosing Arlo.

Best regards,

Angelie
Expert ID: 46513
NETGEAR Arlo Support

To send a follow-up response, click on the following link:
https://www.arlo.com/portal/onlinecaseupdate.aspx?val=9IHUJEc7/+x/SZZirYBIDBca7hZ9vIp95UOlkVj4pyv1Ff...

Alternatively, you may reply to this email to update your case.
Please note: Do not change the subject line of the email when replying.

Thank you for choosing Arlo!
Waymar
Guide
Guide
Good morning Angelie, thank you for your response. I have read in the feed that Arlo are fixing the problems ASAP. My big wish is to have all the alert icons back put above view for all of the cameras on the “Devices” screen.

Are Arlo planning to include this in the fix?

Margi
mnstevens
Guide
Guide

Good news. On the camera I deleted all activity zones (at 9am this moring) all the sudden at 1:30 pm I am now receiving alerts for motion. I'm going to delete the zones for the other cams and then pick one with views of the street and add zones back and see if that kills it again. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I think Arlo made a backend change that someone on in this community recently mentioned they were planning.  I started receiving a ton more alerts right around that time also and I didn’t do anything to my camera setup.  In fact one I noticed the most is an original Arlo with no zone capability.

I'm glad some of the functionality issues are being resolved.  My systems are overkill for my needs, but it sounds like some people rely on these systems to thwart the bad guys just about every day.  Wow.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Dudedad:  I received a similar response in 2016 when Arlo pushed out a firmware upgrade and knocked 5 of my 10 cameras off line on the first day of a 12 day trip to Tuscany.  My problem report clearly mentioned the fact that I was 4,000 miles away from home, but I was instructed to move my camera to within 3’-5’ of the base station and resync them, nonetheless.  Customer service people should be given permission to use their brains and not forced to deliver messages from canned scripts no matter what the customer actually said.

Rgmyers
Initiate
Initiate
We need a fix. After recent October 2018 update a glitch occurred on Arlo Pro 2 device screen display. The most recent activation counter number on the device page disappears after viewing recordings. It used to reset to zero which when selected brought up that same days videos.
PerryArlo
Guide
Guide
Well , they put out a new version which fixes the warning about Activity Zones, but not much else.
One other change that really sucks is that during playback from the library, you can’t make the header and footer go away. You used to be able to tap the screen and it would go away or come back. Now it just makes the pause go away and come back. That is annoying because it covers part of the view. I sometimes have to download the video just to be able to see certai.n things.
Vikramsid
Initiate
Initiate

arSince the last upgrade I have been facing issues with my Arlo Pro2 system (specially the app), certainly the look and feel is better but lots of bugs.. Has anyone facing these issues? First, after the upgrade my cameras started showing “base station is not connected to power” but my base station was on and all lights were green. Almost a day later I had to factory reset the base station for my app to recognize it again. In this process I lost all my syncups, history, settings everything, it was like a fresh start. Second, Arlo deactivated activity zones on a battery mode. It started showing i need to connect my camera to power outlet, why would they do it? How can I set the activity zones for the outside cameras running on battery? Third, geofencing mode started losing my phone's location abruptly after the upgrade (don't know if this is iOS problem or Arlo App), even my phone is at home all of a sudden App shows the location is away mode and turns on siren which is very inconvenient for families with toddlers at home. I hope they address these issues and send a quick fix soon.

trainland
Tutor
Tutor

exactly, it is no longer functional. NEED THE PUSH TO TALK BACK PRIORITY! Wish Alfred camera had their remote start available for ios, would go that route in a heart beat

DudeDad
Apprentice
Apprentice

@AncientGeek wrote:

Dudedad:  I received a similar response in 2016 when Arlo pushed out a firmware upgrade and knocked 5 of my 10 cameras off line on the first day of a 12 day trip to Tuscany.  My problem report clearly mentioned the fact that I was 4,000 miles away from home, but I was instructed to move my camera to within 3’-5’ of the base station and resync them, nonetheless.  Customer service people should be given permission to use their brains and not forced to deliver messages from canned scripts no matter what the customer actually said.

I figured as much.....just thought I'd share while away....looks like there's an update this AM that fixes the AC warning but not the display of battery/wifi status....small steps....