Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo geofencing unavailable

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pechung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo’s geofencing feature is a joke. I’ve tried everything suggested on all forums and I even called the helpline. Basically, they said that geofencing is in “beta” mode and may not work. How long will it be in beta mode???? Fix the issues, please! I can not recommend anyone to purchase Arlo because geofencing is such a critical feature of having Arlo yet it doesn’t work! 

We have 3 phones in the house for 3 people. All 3 worked ok. But then we had to change one of the phones to an iPhone 7. And now, that phone keeps showing unavailable and sets off the Arlo motion detector all the time. The geofencing doesn’t acknowledge that he’s been granted access because it shows his phone unavailable. 

Please. Fix. Geofencing. 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pechung,

Try disabling all devices within your enabled devices list in geofencing settings, save, and then enable all devices again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Pechung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your willingness to help. 

Intried all that and still doesn’t work. Tried it multiple times. 

And now, I have a new issue, on top of the continuing issue of geofencing unavailable- my son’s phone has the app and can view all our home cameras since I granted him access but he shows up as “pending” on the grant access. I had him delete the app and I tried sending him new links via grant access but it still only shows as pending. So frustrating. 

James, Can you email me directly with help instead of going through this community chat?

thanks

Peter 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pechung,

"Pending" suggests that the invitation process has not been completed. Be sure to follow all of the steps in the invitation email to accept access.

If you would like, email support is available by opening a ticket here: Arlo Support Center

JamesC

Pechung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried disabling and then enabling them all. 

Still not working. 

Anything else?

thanks

JamesC wrote:

Pechung,

Try disabling all devices within your enabled devices list in geofencing settings, save, and then enable all devices again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pechung,

Did you make sure the invitation was accepted? If you see "Pending" under Grant Access, this indicates the invitation process was not completed.

JamesC

PoorCadaver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Borrowing this thread since I’ve got the exact same issue. Has it been resolved for the op?

In my case I have to phones connected where one of them is invited. Both our phones are shown as ”unavailable” and disconnecting them and reconnecting them doesn’t work, nor does rebooting the whole system...

I don’t think geogencing is in beta anymore, so what’s up with this, Netgear!?
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation