Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo device not listed upon searching. Port opened for 43 and 80. Channel opened as 1.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shafeek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo device not listed upon searching in Arlo app with the following setups are in place

Port opened for 43 and 80
Channel opened as 1
Internet LED is green

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, ports 80, 123 and 443 (not 43) need to be open to arlo.com. Most users don't need to do this but some ISPs and users have to manually set these due to security settings in the router.

Reinsert the battery into the camera - the blue LED should flash briefly to indicate power being applied. Briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds. Press the camera sync button. What are the LEDs on both the base and camera showing?

Shafeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Guru, i have corrected the port number but still not discovered and can you please elaborate on open port to arlo.com, actually i have opened the port to ip address not arlo.com can you please advise, so that I can contact the router team to do so.
Note. My router brand is ARRIS
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the Internet LED is green, it's already connected to the servers and should be working. What is the 3rd (Camera) LED showing? If it's green, that's your problem - hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and try again.

Shafeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Guru
But still my question is not answered , I have asked the router settings to open the port for arlo.com as you said above
What is that arlo.com? When I chat with arlo tech team they said my router is blocking my device mac address so open the port and I did opened for the ip address for all 3 ports and not for arlo.com, so what is arlo.com here.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo.com is the access point for both the app and browser interfaces to be able to communicate from the base to the servers and back to your app or browser. However, as I said before, the fact that your Internet LED on the base is green means the connection is made - otherwise it would be amber (connected to the router but not to the servers) or off (not even connected to the router).

You're right that the router setting would be for the base to allow it to pass through, not specifically to arlo.com. Opening those ports for the base allows the base to have access to the outside world.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

You're right that the router setting would be for the base to allow it to pass through, not specifically to arlo.com. Opening those ports for the base allows the base to have access to the outside world.

The ports are almost always open if you are using a home router.  If forwarding the ports didn't help, then remove the forwarding rules.  Forwarding stuff can do damage to your home network (in particular, open it up to hackers) if you don't know what you are doing.  

@Shafeek  wrote:

When I chat with arlo tech team they said my router is blocking my device mac address

Port forwarding won't solve this problem.  There should be settings in your router that are specific to MAC address access control.  Usually these controls prevent devices from connecting to your home network (so the router will ignore them).  If you can't find these controls, then give us a link to the user manual for your router (or at least give us the full model number).

FWIW, I don't believe Arlo can actually tell if your router is blocking the base station MAC address or not.  But this is a possible cause that should be explored.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation