Arlo camera not recording

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Luizahbal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I`ve had my cameras for a while and they worked fine, from january on, they will simply not record. I guess arlo did some updates and made even old costumers have to buy a subscription. The thing is that i dont want to, and added a external hd to my home base to record, but despite it recognizing the HD, it simply won`t record!
Did anyone fix the issue?

10 REPLIES 10
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Do you still have the original UI app?

What Base station model do you have?

The library/feed pages only show the cloud recordings. The backup USB is not showing on the app unless it is a 4540/5000 model and there have been reports that the new arlo app is broken.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Luizahbal wrote:

and added a external hd to my home base to record, but despite it recognizing the HD, it simply won`t record!

What base do you have?  (Look for a VMBxxxx label on it).

1. The VMB3xxxx has a USB port, but does not support recording
  2. The VMB4000 and VMB4500 support local recording but do not support playback. The ONLY way to see recordings with these bases is to eject the storage using the app, and then connect the storage to a PC for viewing.
  3. The VMB4540 and VMB5000 smarthubs do support playback in the app (but not the browser). 

@Luizahbal wrote:

I guess arlo did some updates and made even old costumers have to buy a subscription. 

No, it's just a bug.  They still provide the free 7-day storage for Pro 2 cameras (and other legacy cameras that were sold with the feature).

The mods - @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN - can do a back-end sync that will resolve the problem.  It's best to give them some time to reply.

The other option is to remove one camera from the account and then add it back.  The problem with this option is that often it can be difficult to add back the camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Luizahbal 

Can you reboot your base station and test again?

KartDude
Star
Star

It probably worked a few months ago, but Arlo did some updates and it is not working on iPhones now.

I have three Essential Spotlight Cameras and two Ultra Cameras. I also have a VMB4540 Base Station. I also tried a VMB5000 with same results. About mid July my wife and I noticed that on our iPhones that we are not able to access the local recordings when we are outside of our home network. When we are inside of our home network, we can access the recordings. I am able to access the recordings on my iPad which is connected via WiFi when I am outside of the network.
I contacted Arlo support and they suggested that I check the Port Forwarding options on my Linksys Router. I noticed that Port Forwarding status on my iPhones says "Not Available", but on my iPad it says "Available". I tried several times to "Refresh Ports" and reconfigured and restarted my router and got the same results.

Finally Arlo support reported that this is a known issue and they are working on it. I am suspicious that they are really "working" on it because this is not a revenue generator and they have been "working" on it for over a month now.
Are you looking at the local recordings both inside and outside your local network?

KartDude
Star
Star

It worked a few monhts ago, but is not working now.

I have three Essential Spotlight Cameras and two Ultra Cameras. I also have a VMB4540 Base Station. I also tried a VMB5000 with same results. About mid July my wife and I noticed that on our iPhones that we are not able to access the local recordings when we are outside of our home network. When we are inside of our home network, we can access the recordings. I am able to access the recordings on my iPad which is connected via WiFi when I am outside of the network.
I contacted Arlo support and they suggested that I check the Port Forwarding options on my Linksys Router. I noticed that Port Forwarding status on my iPhones says "Not Available", but on my iPad it says "Available". I tried several times to "Refresh Ports" and reconfigured and restarted my router and got the same results.

Finally Arlo support reported that this is a known issue and they are working on it. I am suspicious that they are really "working" on it because this is not a revenue generator and they have been "working" on it for over a month now.
Are you looking at the local recordings both inside and outside your local network?

Barnacle
Tutor
Tutor

The same thing happened to all of my cameras.  They all are powered on, they all have a charge. I can view the live feed from all cameras, but no recordings take place, no alerts happen.  This is both my outside Cameras, as well as my baby monitor.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Barnacle 

Your base is in standby mode at the minute, have you verified that you are in the correct mode when these symptoms occur? Your standby mode does not have any rules set for recording. 

Luizahbal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello! 
my base is vmb 4500. I do not have the original app, I’ve updated it, can I go back to the old one? 
last week it started showing some recordings but today it is all bugged 🥵

Luizahbal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! I guess it’s really a bug, since last week the app suddenly started showing recordings, but today I went to check on it and is not working properly. 
hope they fix it 

Luizahbal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello! I haven’t changed anything on my settings since I bought the cameras. Last week some recordings showed up, this week none! I saw your reply asking to reboot the base station, will try Monday and come back to give a feedback 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation