Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo basehub and cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
NeonMary
Aspirant
Aspirant
My parents bought the Pro 2 camera and basehub. The hub would not work when I tried connecting it to my phone and even my dads. When I took it up to my house to see if maybe it was their internet, it still wouldn't work at my house. I tried to see if the cameras would sync, long story short they ended up syncing to my basehub. My house is in WI, theirs is in IL. Would the cameras still work at their house if my basehub is at my house?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonMary
Aspirant
Aspirant
It worked, thank you! I did the factory reset.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
The pro2 cameras need to be less than 300ft (line of site) to the base station so no they will not work to your house.

You need to get the base station to work first.

Have you tried using a pc web browser to access the arlo web portal to add the base station?

Have you tried doing a factory reset of the base station?

What are the LEDs showing on the base when connected to your router?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NeonMary wrote:
Would the cameras still work at their house if my basehub is at my house?

No.

Will one of your cameras sync to their base (assuming you have the base at your location)?  Remove it from your account before you try this.

NeonMary
Aspirant
Aspirant
OK, good to know. I did not try doing the PC web browser, I will have to try that. Are you able to have 2 basehubs on an account? All lights are green on the basehub. The problem with the new basehub is when my phone is doing the "search" for it it never registers, so I'm unable to know if the cameras sink to it. I'm hoping the basehub isn't broken or something. How do you do the factory reset?
NeonMary
Aspirant
Aspirant
The new basehub never registers when my phone is doing the "search" for it, so I'm unable to know if they sync to the new hub. Are you able to have 2 basehubs on an account?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The "All lights are green on the basehub" is the problem - the base thinks it's already claimed. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and let it reboot to green power and Internet LEDs (Camera LED may be off or amber). You should then be able to claim it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NeonMary wrote:
Are you able to have 2 basehubs on an account?

Yes.

Have you checked to see if it is still in your parent's account?

NeonMary
Aspirant
Aspirant
It worked, thank you! I did the factory reset.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation