Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

PaBa
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I was asked for the Base firmware update today. Since that the Apps and web say the Base is offline. I have tried to switch it off and on, check the cables and Internet connection. Everything is fine, the base has three solid green lines and seems to work perfectly. Still - according the apps it is offline. Any help or suggestions, please?

159 REPLIES 159
rolaxx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Haven’t tried the factory reset yet. That’s a last resort. Will wait to see if the supposed 3AM-5AM autoupdate fixes it.
Tfrost
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station firmware 1.125.8.0_19174
Arlo pro 2
3 green lights
Spectrum Internet
ios11
Philmot
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system is telling me my base station is offline. It has been fine for a month since purchase. I have carried out the trouble shooting procedures, power light is on Internet light is green and flickers occasionally but the cameras refuse to re sync. I have put a camera directly in front of base station and it does all it should to sync but the sync light on the base station goes to Amber every time. It seems as if the base station has developed a fault. 

Mytwirlygirly
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo not working with my iPhone. It says base us offline. Android works and computer.
dubeyjee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is Arlo having network issue today (14 May 2018). The base unit and Camera has been offline for most of the day today. I have restarted the base station several time. There is no issue with internet. 

Are other experience the same issue. I am in the San Francisco Bay Are. 

Thanks. 

Shaun9999999
Tutor
Tutor

Our base station has been offline for 2 days now. Any word on a fix? 

jayoma
Star
Star
Arlo is actually admitting fault this time (a first that I can remember):

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Base-Station-Appearing-Offline/m-p/1569578
Tfrost
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro 2 working now 11:40 pm pst
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening Arlo Community,

Thank you one and all for providing valuable details about your environment while experiencing base station offline issues. We have just deployed another fix that we are hopeful has now resolved this issue. We would greatly appreciate your continued feedback to validate if the update has brought your base station back online for all platforms (web, iOS, and Android).

Please feel free to @ChristineT and/or @DawnM if you continue to experience Base Station offline errors so we can investigate this issue further. 

Please note: We are still working on isolating and fixing a few other issues mentioned over the course of today and hope to deploy additional fixes as soon as possible. 

I look forward to hearing your results. 

Best Regards,

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
PaBa
Initiate
Initiate

I confirm the Base and the Cameras are back online, the only light problem was the wrong timezone in Settings. Thank you for the help and solution!

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

after firmware update system not working

bad firmware, WHAT IS THE FIX ?

cameras have not recorded anything since update

and are not visible, says base station offline.

becoming common to have issues.

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED, AND THEIR QUALITY DEPARTMENT SHOULD NOT RELEASE 

BAD FIRMWARE AS AN UPDATE

Wiley58
Tutor
Tutor
Whatever the fix was, it has apparently worked. I got up this morning and the system was up and running!

Thanks!
Fanofcards25
Tutor
Tutor
My arlo base station has gone dark. It was working yesterday, and all of the sudden it just stopped. No cameras were moved, nor the base station or the internet router. Now it just says ‘base station offline’. I’ve checked the power connection and the eithernet cables and no problems there. I rebooted the base station and my internet router 100 times, and that doesn’t help. I’ve read some posts to try and solve this, but I am not quite tech savvy enough to follow.

Can any one help or point me in the right direction? Thanks
mohamedb
Aspirant
Aspirant

my base station also went dark...i've tried everything that everyone suggested..nothing..i dont know what else to do!!!

Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Mines still offline
Zoso7
Guide
Guide

I'm also back to normal function after a few complete power recycles. The only other issue of note was the need to correct the wrong timezone in settings.

jtkmvaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

After I upgraded firmware on the cameras I powered off each camera. I then rebooted/restarted the base station. After the base station was fully up, I then restarted each camera. It did take about 10-15 minutes before I could actually reach each camera to turn them on. 

Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve tried everything and still nothing .

6 months of absolute delight and perfect use then 1 update and all turns to the proverbial !!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the Camera LED on the base a solid amber? If so, that means the base needs to be claimed. Try using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base again.

If all fails, punt. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button to claim the base and then sync the cameras. Note any settings and modes/rules to speed the rebuild process.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? SHould be 3 green ones.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We need more details. What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you tried both the app and a computer browser? Have you restarted both your router and your base?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What app are you using? Have you tried a computer browser?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What app are you using? Have you tried a computer browser?

mohamedb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only got 2 Green LED. The 2 left ones... Power Internet. Camer LED connection is off, but my base station is offline not the cameras.