Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app for Android and geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
markflamini
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had arlo for a year and half with no issues with the geofencing. As of a few weeks ago geofencing stopped working correctly. In order for it to function I have to physically sign into the app and reload it every time I leave home or come back. I removed the app and reinstalled it and it still doesn’t work. When I open the app it says it has timed out and I need to clear my history and log back in.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently aware of and investigating an issue with Geofencing that is affecting some users. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Bill92677
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar issue. It was working (at least I thought it was). I upgraded phones a few weeks ago and now the app doesn't detect my leaving the area and arming, or coming back and disarming. Opening the app will cause an wake it up though and set the proper armed/disarmed state according to my location. Will watch this thread for a resolution. Thanks.

markflamini
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like the new Android update that was sent out yesterday fixes this issue. When I left the house today everything armed. 

ChrisR_85
Tutor
Tutor
I thought the recent update fixed it too, but tonight it won't detect my phone (Note8) and shows 'unavailable'. partners phone (iphone8) shows as 'In Zone' but doesn't seem to disarm the system.

If I turn geofencing on on my phone, the system arms even though we are both 'In Zone' and wont turn off unless I manually select 'Disarmed'.

Pretty frustrating. Tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling, force closing all with the same result - it doesn't work.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation