Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app, can not delete old devices.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, not sure it matters, but I have arlo 2 pro cameras (7 of them) and my wife and I access them frequently during the day. in the Mode area, Geofencing states 2 devices are enabled. When I click that, I receive a list that shows my device on top and a list of 5 devices that are not checked.

Question number one: How do I delete those devices.

Question number two: Why does the app show 2 devices enabled, but only one checked on the list?

I have tried to reset the app, etc. Any suggestions to fix this? Currently, my wifes phone is not working with geofencing and I am trying to make it work. She has a pixel 6 pro, and there are multiple "pixel 6 pro" listed in the device list but even if I select all of them, the geofencing does not work for her.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I have read that you need to remove the granted user from your owner account, delete the arlo granted user account, wait a day then create a new account again for the granted user and invite the granted user again.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you click on the Edit selection at the top right? You can delete devices there. You can't delete the current device.

Post a screenshot of the "2 devices enabled, but only one checked on the list". I have one checked in the My Devices at the top and my wife's is checked in the Friends' Devices.

ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

yes, when I hit the edit button in the upper right, it goes dark but I can not do anything further.

ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

Screenshot_20221205-095928.png

Screenshot_20221205-095955.png

Screenshot_20221205-095917.png

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I have read that you need to remove the granted user from your owner account, delete the arlo granted user account, wait a day then create a new account again for the granted user and invite the granted user again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZosoPage1963 wrote:

yes, when I hit the edit button in the upper right, it goes dark but I can not do anything further.

It turns out that you can't delete old friends' phones that were granted access. If @DannyBearAgain 's suggestion works, it may remove the old phones - or not. I don't know why you can't remove them the same way as your own phone.

ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

that could be categorized as a bug if you ask me.  In my case, I have a bunch of phones labeled Pixel 6 Pro, so how do I know which one to choose for geofencing.  I love Arlo cameras as they have been very reliable for me, but man, there are some weird issues with them..  I deleted my wifes access and will wait 24 hours to see if they disappear.  

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

after removing my wife's phone, after 24 hours, all devices are gone.  I still show 2 devices for my geofencing, as shown in the previously attached image.  I have a ticket open with support but I bet this will not be resolved.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation