Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo android app not alarming unless I have the app opened

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
VIG
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo app on my android doesn't alarm unless I have the Arlo app open.  All your attempts to change this in my Android settings have failed.  Please make sure that the app can push alarms when I am in the process of using another app, or the phone is simply idle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the app set to not optimize battery in the phone settings for the app? That's needed for best results. I do note a recent change where even with that set my notifications seem to have a random pattern as to when they show up when the phone is sleeping.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi VIG,

Could you clarify on the problem you're having with the Arlo app on your Android device, specifically with not alarming you unless you have the app open? And what Android device are you using?

VIG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I receive a notification from Arlo when an event occurs on my Android, ONLY when I am looking at the Arlo app being open.  If I am on the home page, or in email, or browsing, I don't get any notifications from Arlo when an even occurs.  I have spent hours with tech support on this, and they have not been able to resolve.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the app set to not optimize battery in the phone settings for the app? That's needed for best results. I do note a recent change where even with that set my notifications seem to have a random pattern as to when they show up when the phone is sleeping.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You mentioned that you contacted the support team about this. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you.

VIG
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 2 days of testing, I conclude that jguerdat solved the problem:  The required battery setting is to NOT save battery, and have the app on at all times.  Thank you, jguerdat!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation