Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Subscription Is Not Working With New Base

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Bizneo38
Tutor
Tutor

Base station model VMB4000

I replaced my base station with the above model. Since the change my subscription is no longer active. Paid one year Arlo Smart Add-on for one camera. For some reason it didn't transfer over to new base. I called last week and was informed it would be escalated to level 3 support and the new base would be synced.

It's been a week without any updates, subscription still not showing up. Called support today and it feels like I'm back at square one.

I tried to start another subscription without success, basically in limbo.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The subscription has nothing to do with your base. It's all about your account. You can add or delete anything you want without changing anything about your subscription. It seems like something else is going on, like using a second email address for the new base or you somehow changed your subscription. It's also possible that your account is corrupted and nneds to have support work on it or just use a new account to get things set up.

@JamesC?

Bizneo38
Tutor
Tutor

Support seems to think my base needs to be synced?! Problems started as soon as the new base was installed.

Would you suggest I make a new account?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

See if JamesC chimes in first.

Bizneo38
Tutor
Tutor

Just spoke with support again, apparently they think my account is out of sync. Supposedly they already did a "account sync" several days ago and it didn't take. Was told they would try again...

Bizneo38
Tutor
Tutor

Still nothing.. guess I'll make a new account later today. Hopefully I'll be able to get a refund for this account since I paid a yearly subscription.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bizneo38

I have escalated this for you. I reviewed your case & customer service will be contacting you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Bizneo38
Tutor
Tutor
Subscription still not working on my new base. I called several times and it feels like I'm starting over with every conversation, as if I've never called about this problem.

It's been a week now, I created a new account and subscribed again even though I have already paid for the year on my previous account. It's working as intended on the new account.
Bizneo38
Tutor
Tutor
Any updates on this issue? Still unable to access my subscription.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation