Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Solar Panel Splitter Cable

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ba1070
Star
Star

Arlo- please make a splitter cable for your solar panel. I own Arlo Pro 2 cameras and would like to add your lights. A splitter cable would allow me to use one solar panel to charge both the camera and the lights. I won't buy the lights until you come out with this accessory. Your solar panels are expensive and the extra clutter of 2 solar panels where one could do the job would be an eye sore. PLEASE MAKE A SPLITTER CABLE!!!

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's not enough current from the panel to make that worthwhile. A larger panel could do that but that's not offered nor would many folks want it due to size and cost.

ba1070
Star
Star

Even if the solar panel does not have enough output for a camera and a light (I am not convinced this is true, I would like to see the math), I am sure Netgear could come up with a simple circuit in the cable that would make this work for two devices. I would rather pay more for a "high tech" cable that the extra cost of a solar panel  and the unsightly look of two solar panels in the same location. Come on Netgear! Create a more robust suite of accessories for Arlo such as this splitter cable (with circuitry if needed) and an extension cable. We would be most grateful!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation