Arlo Smart Settings and Notifications Not Working
There seems to be an issue with my Arlo subscription and the supported functionality around Arlo Smart. This issue just started 3 or 4 days ago. As you can see by the attached screenshot I have the Arlo Smart Premier service but yet all of my activity zones and Smart notifications are ignored. I getting alerted on all events even though the setting was set to person in the past.
The other issue is that all of the settings and options that are associated with the Arlo Smart Premier service are no longer accessible from the web browsers or from apps (Apple or Android). I cant even add a camera to the Package Detection option as it just hangs for a few seconds then the camera is not added. In the screenshot you can see the verbiage on the top of the page stating that I have Arlo Smart but the toggle buttons that were just there a few days ago are gone.
Here are the issues all of this is causing:
- Getting a large amount of phone alerts as notifications are being sent for all event types. When they should only be sent for person detection. This is made significantly worse by the multiple alert sounds bug that was introduced in the Dec update.
- Activity zones are being ignored so even more notifications are being sent and then duplicated 4 times.
I have done everything from restarting the base, to a clean install of the app (clearing cache as well), not sure how this impacts the web browser issues, as well as removed the cameras and resynced them. Nothing seems to be helping at this point.
It almost seems as if the Arlo server-side account data has been corrupted or changed and it is causing issue with the website and the apps. Looking through the community it seems that others have had this problem and have had some success with changing their subscription away from Arlo Smart Premier and back again. However, there has to be a better and long term solution to this.
I am having similar issues. My Smart settings are set for PEOPLE only and this part is working. Their are no notifications for the cars that pass up and down the street. However, the video records hundreds of videos all day because the cars still trip the motion detection and the camera records the video.
On my 2nd camera, the notifications quit alerting all together. If I have to remove and re-attach the device it will be the 2nd time having to do this. I have reboted the base station already, no success for either issue.
So far not not really impressed with the Arlo system. There are numerous issues still being field tested!
1st call - On hold for 17 min then was helped by a friendly rep but was not too educated on their sites/apps. After 20min of restarting things, sending screenshots, and telling him that this was happening on all browsers and apps. He had no fix for the situation.
2nd call - After being on hold for a total of 1hour and 13min I was told that this was an issue with my account and put on hold for the payments team. Then after 32 more min I called in on a different phone. This time I was on hold for only 15min but then hung up on after telling the rep my story. The I decided to try chat and got a hold of a friendly rep that told me they have been receiving other calls like this and they they are working on it.
So at this point it seems to be a known issue on the ARLO side and yet nothing on the support sites or even acknowledgment across the ARLO reps.
Up to a few days ago I found it to be rather accurate. The issue I have now is that the settings are no longer accessible and I receiving alerts for everything. Which creates way too many false alarms, so I just ignore them all. Which is not helpful.