Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Not Compatible With CVR

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NetUser21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read through a bunch of posts and am still trying to figure out why whenever I active CVR on my Pro 2 I lose all notifications and library recordings. It seems as if things are happening behind the scenes at Arlo since it seems like functionality is chaning on a weekly basis with no updates from them. I would really like to know if this is localized to my service/equipment, so I am asking here.

When I first activated CVR in 11/2018, Smart had already been released which I had subscribed to and I did not receive any push notifications after CVR activation. If you disabled Smart for that specific CVR camera, you would be given notifications based on the "old" 2 descriptions (person, other) and library recordings. At some point they updated something and when Smart is inactive I got nothing. Then another few updates must have happened because I started receiving notifications/recordings, then it stopped again.

Over the past 2 months I have repeatedly tried removing/syncing the camera, canceling/resubscribing to CVR, making Smart inactive and back, removing the camera from CVR and adding back, turning off and on notifications. At one point I thought it was fixed, since I had CVR active and was getting notifications/library recordings, but that randomly stopped again within the last week or so.

So my main question is CVR compatible with Smart? Does anyone have it working at all consistantly? From their device management, it would seem like the services are isolated from each other. Premier includes 10 camera with Smart and CVR includes 1 camera, so under my plan I get 11 cameras instead of totalling10 cameras with 1 having CVR.arlomanage.png

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you -  Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation